Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Account not associated with any devices

Options
  • 10-08-2019 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭

I'm attempting to download a banking app onto a mobile. I've logged into my Google account and gone to the app location. There's a symbol and message there which is a red triangle with an exclamation mark which states "You don't have any devices".

When I click "Install" it states "This Google account is not yet associated with a device. Please access the Play Store app on your device before installing apps".

When at the app download page if I click on "Open in Play Store App" it states "Your device isn't compatible with this version".

Would anyone know how I'd go about downloading the app? If I need to associate the Google e-mail account with the device how do I do that? Google sent a text to my mobile with a Google verification when I needed to revover my Google email password so presumably my mobile is associated with my email address.

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

What device is it, and what version of Android are you using? Sounds like both of them might be older versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Smythe

The phone is an LG G3.

I'm not sure what version of Android it is or how I discover that. It'd be a few years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Smythe wrote: »
    The phone is an LG G3.

I'm not sure what version of Android it is or how I discover that. It'd be a few years old.

Original: Android 4.4.2 "KitKat"

Current: Android 6.0 "Marshmallow

The banking app probably doesn't support the android version

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

To associate a device with a Google account, you just need to sign in to or add your account, on the device - it'll be in the Settings->Accounts section

Thanks - yes in Settings I've discovered its Android version 4.4.2

On my mobile I went to Settings, then General, then About Phone, then Update Center (Check updates for apps and software provided by LG Electronics).

At this point I have the option of App Updates (Check for app updates to update or install apps) or Phone Version Upgrade (Check for software updates and update your phone).

Where would I go from here to download latest Android version? I don't see anything which specifically states click here to download Android.

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    To associate a device with a Google account, you just need to sign in to or add your account, on the device - it'll be in the Settings->Accounts section

Thanks- I've gone there and it states last synced earlier today (gives a time). I've rebooted the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

Smythe wrote: »
    Thanks - yes in Settings I've discovered its Android version 4.4.2

At this point I have the option of App Updates (Check for app updates to update or install apps) or Phone Version Upgrade (Check for software updates and update your phone).

Where would I go from here to download latest Android version? I don't see anything which specifically states click here to download Android.

Phone version update To see if there are any

Phone version update To see if there are any

I've gone to Phone Version Upgrade then tapped Check now for Update.

It then stated "You are using the latest software version for current OS".

Would anyone happen to know how I could manually download the latest version of Android which can be used with an LG G3?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its not as simple as downloading the update.
    You need to root your phone, install a custom recovery like TWRP and then find/install a customer ROM for your phone.
    If that makes any sense to you, you should be able to find guide/ROM on XDA developer forum.

Your phone is from 2014, basically end of life for a smartphone IMO.

What banking app are you trying to install?

• Advertisement

ongarite wrote: »
    Its not as simple as downloading the update.
    You need to root your phone, install a custom recovery like TWRP and then find/install a customer ROM for your phone.
    If that makes any sense to you, you should be able to find guide/ROM on XDA developer forum.

Unfortunately not.
    ongarite wrote: »
    What banking app are you trying to install?
    https://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/ways-to-bank/mobile-banking.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Ulster bank app requires Android version 6.0 or greater.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rbs.mobile.android.ubr

Your LG G3 is too old for it to work.
    Time for a new phone..

Advertisement