Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone turbo charging stopped working

Options
  • 09-08-2019 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I have a Motorola G4 that has the fast/turbo charging feature. I have the phone 2 year's and never had a charging problem before but last week the turbo charging stopped. It still can charge but slowly.
    I tried a few things like purchasing a new fast charger, cleaning cache, cleaning charging port and also resetting phone, none of which made a difference.
    Just wondering had anyone ever had same issue or know a fix ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Are you sure you're using the same plug/cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Peter256 wrote: »
    I have a Motorola G4 that has the fast/turbo charging feature. I have the phone 2 year's and never had a charging problem before but last week the turbo charging stopped. It still can charge but slowly.
    I tried a few things like purchasing a new fast charger, cleaning cache, cleaning charging port and also resetting phone, none of which made a difference.
    Just wondering had anyone ever had same issue or know a fix ?

Check if you have turbo charging turned on in the settings. Sometimes updates can reset it to be off.
    Failing that, try a new cable, my Samsung ones used to wear out after a year or so, especially if they are flexed much if the cable is at an angle when you have it charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Peter256

Keith186 wrote: »
    Check if you have turbo charging turned on in the settings. Sometimes updates can reset it to be off.
    Failing that, try a new cable, my Samsung ones used to wear out after a year or so, especially if they are flexed much if the cable is at an angle when you have it charging.

My phone has fast charge on automatically, there isn't a setting to switch it on/off.
    I have tried different new cables, nothing has worked. I am thinking it could be the actual charging port that might need to be replaced because I have tried all of the simpler solutions with no success.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Peter256 wrote: »
    My phone has fast charge on automatically, there isn't a setting to switch it on/off.
    I have tried different new cables, nothing has worked. I am thinking it could be the actual charging port that might need to be replaced because I have tried all of the simpler solutions with no success.

It's possible that could be it. Should last longer than two years but it would depend on how many times you plug it in and out. Some of those are ok to replace once it's not soldered on. I would see if you can try another charger block before going to the hassle of changing the port.

Advertisement