Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Temple Bar expanding?

Options
  • 09-08-2019 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

I just paid 7.20 for a pint of fairly basic IPA on Georges St. Is this becoming the norm?

On the positive side, it's the most I've ever savoured a drink

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,496 ✭✭✭✭L1011

One of the cheapest pubs in the entire city is just off George's Street. No IPAs though.

There are rip off pubs everywhere. Dublin is a generally expensive city at that

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

GRACKEA wrote: »
    I just paid 7.20 for a pint of fairly basic IPA on Georges St. Is this becoming the norm?

On the positive side, it's the most I've ever savoured a drink
    Just getting ready for College Green Plaza prices!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Why did you agree to pay so much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭GRACKEA

tuxy wrote: »
    Why did you agree to pay so much?

I only saw the price after I got the receipt and the drink. Curse my "just tap my card" confidence

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

GRACKEA wrote: »
    I only saw the price after I got the receipt and the drink. Curse my "just tap my card" confidence

That's why I prefer paying with cash.

Hurts more and hits you in the face straight away :)

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    One of the cheapest pubs in the entire city is just off George's Street. No IPAs though.

There are rip off pubs everywhere. Dublin is a generally expensive city at that

I know, I was just having the one before meeting a friend for dinner. But still I'm a bit surprised, I remember drinking here as a student so the price increase is obviously newish.

wonski wrote: »
    That's why I prefer paying with cash.

Hurts more and hits you in the face straight away :)

I sure done learned today anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,607 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

To be fair, temple bar pubs can be ~8e for a pint of Guinness which is a disgrace. But many pubs all over Ireland will have premium beer at near 7 euro. Lagunitas (US mass made IPA) is 7.50 a pint in Taphouse in Ranleagh.

errlloyd wrote: »
    To be fair, temple bar pubs can be ~8e for a pint of Guinness which is a disgrace. But many pubs all over Ireland will have premium beer at near 7 euro. Lagunitas (US mass made IPA) is 7.50 a pint in Taphouse in Ranleagh.

Good point. I was expecting to pay €6.50-7 but it was that crossing of the €7 threshold that I think surprised me a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

3.60 for stout 1.2km north of Temple Bar, in Cumiskey's pub.

• Advertisement
Advertisement