Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solemnisers

Options
  • 09-08-2019 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭

Hello,

We booked a date to get married in April of next year and are going in to give notice of intent and all the documents in September. We had our date in April confirmed over the phone.

My query relates to getting a solemniser. We are just going to a Registry Office and getting a HSE solemniser to marry us, that's all we want! Do we now need to get in touch with one ourselves or will this be done for us, I was under the impression it was but have no idea now!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hello,

We booked a date to get married in April of next year and are going in to give notice of intent and all the documents in September. We had our date in April confirmed over the phone.

My query relates to getting a solemniser. We are just going to a Registry Office and getting a HSE solemniser to marry us, that's all we want! Do we now need to get in touch with one ourselves or will this be done for us, I was under the impression it was but have no idea now!

Thanks!
    Who did you book the April date with? That should be the solmniser. Also, I thought that if you gave your notice more than 6 months in advance it expired? Maybe just check that you’re not being too organised

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

jlm29 wrote: »
    Who did you book the April date with? That should be the solmniser. Also, I thought that if you gave your notice more than 6 months in advance it expired? Maybe just check that you’re not being too organised

You’re getting muddled there. You give your notice of the date you intend to get married. If you don’t get married within 6 months of that date, you need to register again. The notice doesn’t expire unless you end up having the wedding on a significantly different date.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Hello,

Thanks!

The HSE will assign a registrar to you. You don’t need to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Faith wrote: »
    You’re getting muddled there. You give your notice of the date you intend to get married. If you don’t get married within 6 months of that date, you need to register again. The notice doesn’t expire unless you end up having the wedding on a significantly different date.

Ah I get you. I thought it was if you didn’t get married within six months of your notice appointment. Sorry!

Advertisement