Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android App for watching TV

Options
  • 09-08-2019 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know of a good Android App for just watching TV ?

I am looking for a setup fr my mum who would not be very techie.

It would have to be very simple i.e. she could turn it on and press 1 for RTE1 sort of thing.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi

It would have to be very simple i.e. she could turn it on and press 1 for RTE1 sort of thing.

thanks

If you or any family member has sky, then Skygo app works well or Rte Player has a live tv option

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

Virgin Media have an app too for phone and tablet.
    Both Sky and VM apps would be better than the RTE Player as they don't have additional ads for live tv and they've more channels. You just need to sign into them the first time then they are easy for anyone to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

RobAMerc wrote: »
    Hi

thanks

I have a HD Homerun connected to my home network. This costs circa £99 on amazon. I can then watch free to air TV on any android/apple device via their own app or other free ones, provided I am connected to my home network. The app is very easy to use and no setup other than plug aerial (coaxial cable) into box and then connect to router via standard Cat5 cable.
    There is obviously the outlay required for the box, but does make your android device quite like a TV unlike the channel specific apps.

Advertisement