Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best sea trout fishing on the fly

Options
  • 09-08-2019 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭

Where's the best sea trout fishing in Ireland on the fly?

Would like to take a trip somewhere with the young lad where we can have a fair chance of getting some decent fish on a wet fly

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Bogwoppit

boomdocker wrote: »
    Where's the best sea trout fishing in Ireland on the fly?

Would like to take a trip somewhere with the young lad where we can have a fair chance of getting some decent fish on a wet fly

TIA

For numbers I’d say carrowmore at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Slaney had a fantatic year this year - huge numbers, they have run through now tho unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

ardinn wrote: »
    Slaney had a fantatic year this year - huge numbers, they have run through now tho unfortunately.

fishing the slaney myself, but unfortunately was away for 3 weeks during that good run in July
    And you're right that they've all run through now - so nothing left but small brownies

hence my search for somewhere else to go this month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Actually that rain has produced a 2nd run - 6 or 7 got yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

be out tonight so!

• Advertisement
Advertisement