Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay as you go bin collection east clare?

Options
  • 08-08-2019 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Any recommendations for pay as you go bin collection in East Clare near scarriff? Just myself and my girlfriend in the house so don't need a regular pick up, Mr binman seem to do it, anybody any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭davidjtaylor

Think about using the recycling centre in Scariff - we use the one in Ennis, three times a year, a car-load of recyclables €5 a time. €15 a year to deal with everything (keep the receipts). Just saying. It might not suit others.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

Think about using the recycling centre in Scariff - we use the one in Ennis, three times a year, a car-load of recyclables €5 a time. €15 a year to deal with everything (keep the receipts). Just saying. It might not suit others.
    Yeah we actually did that a few weeks ago, great to get rid of all the recyclables. This is more for the normal waste, currently bringing it up to Clare waste (€5 per bag up to 10kg, I think the scarriff recycling center is €7) but it's a bit of pain having to wait until a day off during the week to bring it up.

As a genuine matter of interest, what is 'normal' waste?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mankteln

As a genuine matter of interest, what is 'normal' waste?

Stuff that can't be composted or recycled, food waste mostly which is why it's a bad idea to have it sitting too long in the bin especially if it's warm lol:eek:

Right thanks. Absolutely everything and its mother go in our compost bins for reasons. So we don't have 'normal' waste. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

mankteln wrote: »
    Any recommendations for pay as you go bin collection in East Clare near scarriff? Just myself and my girlfriend in the house so don't need a regular pick up, Mr binman seem to do it, anybody any experience with them?

Mr Binman's pay as you go is quite good.

Monthly charge is about €4.50 every month.
    After that, it's €5.50 every time you put out the general waste bin. and I think €2.00 for each recycling bin collection.
    Will work out a fair bit cheaper than the normal bin collection, if its a small household.

Advertisement