Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euthanasia and companion animals.

Options
  • 08-08-2019 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

Sooner than later we will have to have our eldest dog PTS,
    The way things are, her companion dog will need to be brought to the vet's the day off*.

What is the thinking about her companion dog being in the room when she is having her first injection?

what I have read contradict itself, some say its a good thing, others say its not.
    Anyone have any experience or different reading on this topic?

* Official owner is unlikely to spring for a home visit, vet will not accept my say so on this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Im not sure what you mean by:

"The way things are, her companion dog will need to be brought to the vet's the day off*."

How old is the companion dog? Breed? Are they very close?

Ive had two dogs put to sleep (both 17 and failing badly) I brought home my dogs bodies, and let the young dog (very dependant on one of the oldies) see his friend - he didnt bat an eyelid - didnt seem to 'know' that his bestie was dead, or indeed that it was his old friend... I talked to a friend the other day, who brought home the elderly dog after it had been put to sleep. His best friend ran past his friends body to eat his food. So.... some dogs might benefit from seeing their friends body, but others Im not sure. I think dogs might miss their friend presence, and miss the routine, and the company - not sure whether showing them their friends body will make any real sense to them...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Closed at the request of the op.
    Thanks,
    DBB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement