Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical insurance for self-employed

Options
  • 08-08-2019 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭

I run a ltd company (I'm the only employee). I want to get setup with medical insurance for myself.

Is there any benefit in setting it up through the company vs just paying privately?

My accountant ran the sums and it seems to work out costing the same either way, but I'm also interested in hearing from others' experience.

Are there any benefits, apart from financial, in going through the company, such as better policies or rates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Tow

If you withdraw all money from the company each year it makes no difference.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

erm... ok

• Registered Users Posts: 12,668 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

If you try and put expenses through a business, that should really be personal, you have to pay BIK on it. My accountant told me that. I have an income protection policy coming through the business account

Advertisement