Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto park with 4 yr old

Options
  • 06-08-2019 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭

Plan on going to Tayto park with 4yr old. Will there be many things for him to go on?
    Wristbands would probably be a waste as I'm sure he's too short for a lot of the rides??
    There are obviously restaurants on-site yes?

Any advice appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

It's a while since I've been there but as I recall there is very little for a 4 year old apart from seeing the animals. The Zoo might be a better option. Get to see the animals, petting zoo with goats, cows, chickens etc. Same type of cafes.

Cheaper and the Zoo a working charity involved in a European wide breeding program not just a commercial enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

heldel00 wrote: »
    Plan on going to Tayto park with 4yr old. Will there be many things for him to go on?
    Wristbands would probably be a waste as I'm sure he's too short for a lot of the rides??

Any advice appreciated?

We did it with a two year old a few years ago and there were rides that she could go on and would be suitable for a 4 year old. If they are under a certain height, then one adult goes free with them on the ride. We got the wristband for our little girl but if your 4 year old is over the height, then an adult would also need a wristband to go on the rides with him.

We enjoyed the day and we keep meaning to go back, just the price puts us off as it is very dear :(

• Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The tayto park website has a list of all the rides and can tell you which ones they'll be able to go on based on their height.

http://www.taytopark.ie/theme-park

I think there's one restaurant on site, and then a bunch of stalls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

awec wrote: »
    The tayto park website has a list of all the rides and can tell you which ones they'll be able to go on based on their height.

http://www.taytopark.ie/theme-park

I think there's one restaurant on site, and then a bunch of stalls.

I have a 4 year old too, and we are planning a visit soon. I checked their website and there are loads of rides to go on. My child is around 100cm. There are around 10 rides/areas they can go to. On some rides they need to be accompanied by a free of charge adult. Take into account too, that if he likes a ride, he might want to go on it a few times, I know that my kids are like that anyway. I think the wrist band would be worth your while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

I'd say they are a bit young - the zoo or Malahide castle would be a lot more appropriate for that age.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,556 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have a 4 year old too, and we are planning a visit soon. I checked their website and there are loads of rides to go on. My child is around 100cm. There are around 10 rides/areas they can go to. On some rides they need to be accompanied by a free of charge adult. Take into account too, that if he likes a ride, he might want to go on it a few times, I know that my kids are like that anyway. I think the wrist band would be worth your while.

The website lists everything though, not all the things in the list are actual rides. Some of it is just things you look at / walk through, other things are just play-parks, exactly the same as the various play parks in parks all around Ireland that you can access for free.

And then there are things like the climbing wall, which have low height restrictions, but is probably well beyond the capabilities of a 4 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

awec wrote: »
    The website lists everything though, not all the things in the list are actual rides. Some of it is just things you look at / walk through, other things are just play-parks, exactly the same as the various play parks in parks all around Ireland that you can access for free.

And then there are things like the climbing wall, which have low height restrictions, but is probably well beyond the capabilities of a 4 year old.

Yes, I know what you mean, but I still think it might be worth it getting a wrist band. Kids like to get on rides a few times. It's a pity the website doesn't give a breakdown of the price of each ride, rather than how many tokens. But I believe that each token is 1 euro, and each ride or activity are between 2-5 tokens. It's 15.50 euros extra to buy the wristband during peak time. I think that's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,122 ✭✭✭Ms2011

I went last year with a 3 and 6 year old and found it a waste of money (€101 for a family of 4).
    We'd never been before so thought we were doing good by getting the wrist bands so the kids could go on every thing but sure half the things had a height restriction so they couldn't go on them, the few things they could go on had big queues.
    My kids spent most of the time in the playgrounds which we could have done for free.
    I'd say it's a great place for older kids/teenagers but I didn't find it great value for younger kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

heldel00 wrote: »

Any advice appreciated?

We went last summer. is your 4 year old under 110cm (I think that is height but I am open to correction)....if so buy a wristband for the child but not for you....you can go on free if child is under the height!
    if child over the height just buy tokens....no wristbands.

We had a great day...kids went on loads and went to Fossett’s show too.

We brought a picnic but yes there are restaurants.

Have you been to Rathbeggan Lakes? I haven’t yet but it is meant to be great and closing 1st September.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I went about 2 weeks ago with my 4 year old and we had a blast. There is SO much for them to do. We were there at 9.30am and left at 4pm. Lots of rides, lots of things to see and do and well worth it!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement