Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Intake

Options
  • 06-08-2019 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hello, does anyone know when the next intake is? And can one defer it as I live aboard and maybe will not be able to come back on short notice.
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Waggawagga12

Does anyone when the next intake is for 2019/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

It'll be December. The next passing out is the end of November, highly unlikely any new intakes will will be in before then, classroom space etc. has changed in the college so three intakes onsite at once wouldnt be possible anymore.

What about in 2020? Am i correct in saying there are usually 4 intakes per year? I work aboard so I’m trying to plan when to give my notice in my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

What about in 2020? Am i correct in saying there are usually 4 intakes per year? I work aboard so I’m trying to plan when to give my notice in my job.

I'm not trying to be smart but I'd wait until I had a concrete offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lisamurray0719

Hello, does anyone know when the next intake is? And can one defer it as I live aboard and maybe will not be able to come back on short notice.
    Thanks in advance

The next intake is November, was speaking to HR appointments during the week. Ring them regarding the details of derferring a place

• Advertisement

I’m just waiting for my vetting to be cleared. Yes, I agree! It’s just HR gave me little to no information when I called them about the intakes. It is difficult to plan when I live on the other side of the world.

Thanks, I can defer the offer once correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Hi im in a similar situation iv a medical to do next week and once i pass that im gonna need to know when the next intake is as il have to give my company plenty of notice.

How many do they take in an intake ?

Do they let you in advance when the next intake is or do they just say on a Friday your starting Monday week down in temple more?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,559 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

200-210 per intake, youll get anywhere from 1-4 weeks notice of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Jake5991

Thanks a mil dude much appreciated .

• Advertisement
Advertisement