Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving pics from motog6 plus to laptop. Difficult

Options
  • 05-08-2019 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Any previous phones Ive had, I incert the cable from phone to laptop, go through the Normal steps the move pics from one device to the next. When I do this, I can see every pic available on the phone. Now with this motog6, when I go through the steps, I can see the first 20 or so pics what they are, then all the rest aren't available unless I click each one individually to see what this pic is before I can decide to move it over or not. I can see there's a file there which has a blue mountain type pattern on it but not the actual picture. This is taking me alot of time doing pic by pic. Is there anything I can do so I can see the actual pic instead of this mountain type pattern so I can move pics quicker.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Any reason why you're not using Google photos?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

Any reason why you're not using Google photos?

It's for putting on and saving on the laptop for business purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭long_b

You're seeing the blue Mountain because your PC hasn't yet created a preview (or thumbnail) of the actual photo.

I'd copy all of the files over to a folder in your PC, give your pc a few minutes to create thumbnails and then delete any photos you don't need from the folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

kingbhome wrote: »
    It's for putting on and saving on the laptop for business purposes.

set your photos to backup to Google Photos, then just go to https://photos.google.com on the laptop and all your photos will be there automatically. No copying or faffing around with cables required.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

Any previous phones Ive had, I incert the cable from phone to laptop, go through the Normal steps the move pics from one device to the next. When I do this, I can see every pic available on the phone. Now with this motog6, when I go through the steps, I can see the first 20 or so pics what they are, then all the rest aren't available unless I click each one individually to see what this pic is before I can decide to move it over or not. I can see there's a file there which has a blue mountain type pattern on it but not the actual picture. This is taking me alot of time doing pic by pic. Is there anything I can do so I can see the actual pic instead of this mountain type pattern so I can move pics quicker.
    long shot:
    check on the folder with the images on your phone for files starting with the name "thumbcache"
    If those file(s) are present on your phone, delete them. They generate the cache for the images on windows:

Source: https://neosmart.net/wiki/clear-thumbnails-cache

• Advertisement

Just use a cloud solution to back up your photos such as Google Photos/OneDrive/Dropbox, then sync them back to your PC.

Probably the best solution long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭chonix

We all whom have used computers and are tech savvys, we conclude the best solution is to get a cloud based syncronization.

However, for this case, where you don't want to link your phone with the company you're working in and/or browse Google Photos at your work cause paranoia/firewall/etc. Is there a viable/solution/app you can use?

I guess you could use DropBox, VSCO, 500px, Photobucket.

That way you'll be not using your personal Google account for those photos. After taking tha pictures, open the application, then sync them over the air, etc.

Don't know, just suggesting

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

If you have GDrive use that. Create folder for work then go to gallery select photos you want to copy over and navigate to work folder. Simple as that

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kingbhome

loyatemu wrote: »
    set your photos to backup to Google Photos, then just go to https://photos.google.com on the laptop and all your photos will be there automatically. No copying or faffing around with cables required.

I have back up but can't seem to save them on my laptop

I have back up but can't seem to save them on my laptop

One option is go to photos.google.com, then just select all the photos you want to download, then Shift+D to download.

You could also probably install google drive sync or whatever their program for PC is called, and choose to sync certain folders back to PC. Just put the photos you want into that folder on Google Drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement