Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung A70

Options
  • 05-08-2019 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Are the Samsung A70 phones on Adverts for €330-€350 genuine or just some kind of Chinese replica?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I've no idea but if you want to buy from somewhere with a good returns policy you can get them for that price on Amazon.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭2shea

tuxy wrote: »
    I've no idea but if you want to buy from somewhere with a good returns policy you can get them for that price on Amazon.co.uk

Are the ones on Amazon unlocked?

Has anyone got an A70 are they a good phone?

tuxy wrote: »

Are the ones on Amazon unlocked?

Has anyone got an A70 are they a good phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

2shea wrote: »
    Are the Samsung A70 phones on Adverts for €330-€350 genuine or just some kind of Chinese replica?

If you read other posts on here then you will see that many people say that many of the phones on Adverts have been bought on a contract in another country and then the contract is not paid and the phones are sold here. As a consequence many of these phones are barred from networks in other countries so you will have problems if you try to roam with that phone in that country.

On a moral level in such a situation you are effectively handling stolen goods.

Amazon .de .it .fr .es all have the A70 available in the price range of €330-350. Buying directly from Amazon rather than a marketplace seller will give you the best in terms of guarantee and customer service.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »
    2shea wrote: »

If you read other posts on here then you will see that many people say that many of the phones on Adverts have been bought on a contract in another country and then the contract is not paid and the phones are sold here. As a consequence many of these phones are barred from networks in other countries so you will have problems if you try to roam with that phone in that country.

On a moral level in such a situation you are effectively handling stolen goods.

Amazon .de .it .fr .es all have the A70 available in the price range of €330-350. Buying directly from Amazon rather than a marketplace seller will give you the best in terms of guarantee and customer service.

Yes I just looked at Amazon.de and they are sold by Amazon as a German phone? Are they locked to Germany?

The UK version by the same seller (Amazon.de) is like €450+

What's the difference between Italian German and French models?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I wouldn't be put off buying from adverts to be honest. Just go with a buyer with lots of good feedback and no negative. I've bought many phones from there over the years and haven't got a dud yet. You just need to go in with your eyes open and you won't get scammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I wouldn't be put off buying from adverts to be honest. Just bgo with a buyer with lots of good feedback and no negative. I've bought many phones from there over the years and haven't got a dud yet. You just need to go in with your eyes open and you won't get scammed.

Same here. I've bought and sold loads of phones on adverts with no issues. I have lots of good rep and would only buy from someone with the same. I'd never buy a phone off Donedeal..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Just got the July update. I've had the phone about 3 weeks now. Its unbelievable value and not too big at all. I've had an A50 too. Both solid phones. Amazing battery life and snappy.

Advertisement