Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar Panels question

Options
  • 04-08-2019 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We are looking at getting PV panels, as something to future proof our house. I am not the most knowledgeable on them however. Got a quote from a company of just under 9000 euro for 4.27kw. Is that good value? What should I be looking out for?
    I know they are mostly for generating electricity, but how useful are PV for hot water for showers? Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Check the quotes thread to see if it's competitive. Does it include a battery?

Imho, financially it's more cost effective to use PV for everything other than provide heat or charge an EV. Both of these are huge loads, and you'd need a massive PV setup to cover them. Better using mains gas or night rate electricity for by heating or EV charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Yes that quote includes the battery.

Advertisement