Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview attire

Options
  • 03-08-2019 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭

I have an interview for a position, whats the best for this: suit or just shirt and tie?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭Augme

If it's internal a shirt and tie will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Dev1234

Irish_rat wrote: »
    I have an interview for an internal eng position, whats the best for this: suit or just shirt and tie?

I'm currently interviewing both external and internal candidates and I would go with the suit. I've had a couple of internal candidates not wear a suit and I've noticed it.

I'd rather be over-dressed than under-dressed for an interview

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Session2019!

I haven't worn a suit in years. No point in it. I my industry anyway(pharma). My most recent interview i wore chinos and polo and guess what, i got the job. Ive only ever worn a suit in one interview for my first job out of college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

You're taking a risk by dressing down.

If I'm interviewing for a sales role, and two applicants are the exact same and I need to pick one, I'm going to give it to the guy who made more of an effort with his appearance.

Wearing a suit, although sometimes overdressing, does show you are taking the interview very seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Dress for how you want to be perceived by your potential employer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Just to say I got the job and wore the full suit. Happy is an understatement! Thanks all.

Advertisement