Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones without Facebook shell

Options
  • 31-07-2019 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭

Are there any phones on the market that do not have Facebook preinstalled? I don't particularly care if it's not the full app or just a shell or whatever facebook are trying to peddle. I just don't want it on the phone ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Google pixel and possibly other stock Android phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Disable it. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Neither of my last two phones had it, a Sony and a Huawei.
    I reckon most don't come with it unless its a relatively new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I've a moto g5s plus that didn't have it...Thank God.
    Now they have LinkedIn pre-installed for some mad reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Never had any third party apps like Facebook/Instagram etc pre-installed on any of my Motorola G phones, LG Nexus, Nextbit Robin and now my OnePlus 6. Stock Android.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Don't think I've ever had a phone with Facebook pre installed and I've had lots

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Don't think I've ever had a phone with Facebook pre installed and I've had lots

I had it on my last 2 samsungs. But as Iamxavier said, it's just a shell, it's not the app. But I fúcking hate facebook, so I can see where he's coming from!

Just checked my phone (Huawei p30 pro) and no facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I tend to root and remove any of the FB and social media stuff that my androids come pre installed with.
    If I don't root, I usually just disable in app settings.

I do use a wrapper app for my Social media so FB, Messenger, Twitter and most other stuff is via that.l rather than the preinstalled or official apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

banie01 wrote: »
    I tend to root and remove any of the FB and social media stuff that my androids come pre installed with.
    If I don't root, I usually just disable in app settings.

I do use a wrapper app for my Social media so FB, Messenger, Twitter and most other stuff is via that.l rather than the preinstalled or official apps.
    Which wrapper app..?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,480 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Which wrapper app..?

Simple Pro, I've tried a few and thats the one I keep going back to.
    My wife is a fan of Friendly, but I dont like the fact that friendly is a few different apps whereas Simple is really nearly all in 1.

• Advertisement
Advertisement