Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing Cat

Options
  • 31-07-2019 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭

*UPDATE : He's been found*

Hello folks, hoping someone can help - my cousin's cat has gone missing from Springlawn in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 since Saturday. He's a 7 year old neutered tabby and white male, microchipped. If anyone from the Springlawn/Summerfield/Blanch Village/Clonsilla road or surrounding areas spots him can they get in touch? My cousin is really worried about him. Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Oh wonderful! So happy for you! That has made my day, and what a beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Great!
    And cool name.
    Under what circumstances was he found I'd love to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

He was found fairly close by, in the garden of a house on the next road, but the vet reckoned he was trapped somewhere for a few days, he was skinny and dirty when she got him back. Hes been treated and is home from the vet so fingers crossed that's the end of his gallavanting!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Goes to show that putting up posters works;
    placed in a radius around the house and especially in 'choke' points where a lot of people will notice them such as entrances to local estates and shopping/ industrial areas.
    A reward offered message reaches more people also.

Yes, my cousin put up posters everywhere, in shops and businesses too, but in the end it was a bit of detective work to get the phone number of the lady who owns the house he was found in that did the trick. He's back home now and just about back to himself :)

• Advertisement

One of mine was missing six weeks once. I had an idea she was shut in somewhere (rural Kerry) and when the season ended, emailed all the holiday lets; she came in emaciated and emotional and had clearly been trapped somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

nikpmup wrote: »
    Yes, my cousin put up posters everywhere, in shops and businesses too, but in the end it was a bit of detective work to get the phone number of the lady who owns the house he was found in that did the trick. He's back home now and just about back to himself :)

I’m delighted the cat was found, what a relief! Any chance the posters could be taken down now? There’s still some on poles on Springlawn Heights

I'll head over there tomorrow and grab them, my cousin had a load of pals help her distribute them so I'm not sure where they all are! If there's any more around let me know, I'll grab them as well

Graces7 wrote:
    One of mine was missing six weeks once. I had an idea she was shut in somewhere (rural Kerry) and when the season ended, emailed all the holiday lets; she came in emaciated and emotional and had clearly been trapped somewhere

Ah, the poor thing! We reckon that's what happened to Tibs, he was only gone a week but he had lost 2kg and was really dehydrated.

nikpmup wrote: »
    Ah, the poor thing! We reckon that's what happened to Tibs, he was only gone a week but he had lost 2kg and was really dehydrated.

I had all but given up then one night I heard a distinctive cry, shot outside and saw this tiny black furball far down the lane... raced in, got a cat food tin and spoon to rattle... watched as she got nearer and nearer. then grabbed her.. she sat on my chest all night telling me all about it,, food went down then came back so onto chicken and rice in tiny amounts,

I had read a weblog about some visitors taking a "stray" cat in then leaving it when they left... I think she got left inside and when the man got my mail...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Hi OP,

As the cat has been found now it doesn't matter but i have removed the attachment from your post. Please be aware in future that you are not permitted to post personal contact details such as phone numbers especially in this case as those details are belonging to a third party. For future reference a photo of the cat and a request to contact you by PM only is what is permitted.

Thanks,
    CB.

Sorry Mod, didnt realise!

I’m delighted the cat was found, what a relief! Any chance the posters could be taken down now? There’s still some on poles on Springlawn Heights

I went up to Springlawn Heights yesterday and I couldn't see any, if there's still any left let me know

Advertisement