Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatapps (Phone Bill:usage and phone numbers)

Options
  • 31-07-2019 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

(Not too sure if this is the right place to ask this, so please advise if not)

I am a Vodafone customer and wondering how Whatsapp texts and calls are shown on mobile phone bills

Does it show like a regular text message?
    - Phone number that a message was sent to - or received from.
    - Phone number that was called - or received call from

"Why not just check your phone bill" .. I hear you ask

I dont have access to my phone bill as its a company phone.

I am not up to anything sinister btw - just more a question of privacy etc.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

It's as part of your data usage so doesn't get itemised on your bill in the same way. So whatever you were doing that definitely wasnt dodgy should be fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

jimmii wrote: »
    It's as part of your data usage so doesn't get itemised on your bill in the same way. So whatever you were doing that definitely wasnt dodgy should be fine!

:D:pac:

Thanks Jimmii.

So no phone numbers are captured/shown for either texting or phone calls via Whatsapp?

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

Thanks Jimmii.

So no phone numbers are captured/shown for either texting or phone calls via Whatsapp?

Nope all your data and numbers are safe from your bosses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

087brain21 wrote: »
    Nope all your data and numbers are safe from your bosses

Not really. If it's a work phone they can ask for it at any moment. There's another thread about this on here the last week or so. You really need to use your own phone for personal stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭087brain21

Not really. If it's a work phone they can ask for it at any moment. There's another thread about this on here the last week or so. You really need to use your own phone for personal stuff

he said on the bill so ya

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

087brain21 wrote: »
    he said on the bill so ya

True

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks Jimmii.

Not unless your work likes to have a snoop for whatever reason! You can get more info but not something that is generally done.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

"Why not just check your phone bill" .. I hear you ask

I dont have access to my phone bill as its a company phone.

You can register the number on the Vodafone site like you would any private phone to view the bills. You will need a pin to access the bills though but your account manager can provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Very handy information to have!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 buzz77

Vodafone (or any mobile network for that matter) cannot see/read your Whatsapp messages as communication between phone and Whatsapp servers is encrypted. They cannot even get the metadata, like what numbers you’re messaging to, only WhatsApp/Facebook can tell that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement