Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2016 Leon FR rust

• 30-07-2019 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone.

Just looking for some advice on the 2016 Leon FR models. I'm currently looking at the 184bhp diesels.

I've noticed that there has been minor rust on the back box/muffler of 2 that I've looked at. The only one that hadn't any rust was a 150bhp model with lower miles.
    I'm just wondering has anyone any opinions or experience with the 2016 FR and should I be weary of this? Apart from the rust the cars checked out ok and they are lovely to drive.

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

Surface corrosion or proper rust? Are the UK cars?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shnakey

Surface corrosion or proper rust? Are the UK cars?

Thanks for the speedy reply Gustavo. I'm fairly sure it was surface rust. No rust on any other section of the underside. All were Irish cars which is why I was unsure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll see similar on the wheel hubs on them too. They're not known for giving any issues with rust and it's probably going to be easy to clean off.

I wouldn't worry about it. You'll see similar on the wheel hubs on them too. They're not known for giving any issues with rust and it's probably going to be easy to clean off.

Good to hear 👍

For anyone coming upon this with the same/similar query, I've found out that SEAT have a 12 year anti corrosion warranty. So if any rust becomes an issue it's covered by the manufacturer.

Just said if leave that here 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

shnakey wrote: »
    For anyone coming upon this with the same/similar query, I've found out that SEAT have a 12 year anti corrosion warranty. So if any rust becomes an issue it's covered by the manufacturer.

Just said if leave that here ðŸ‘

I'd say that is more bodywork/chassis than a exhaust that rusted out

corkgsxr wrote: »
    I'd say that is more bodywork/chassis than a exhaust that rusted out

Ya upon further reading it's perforation of the body or chassis specifically.

No more worth talking about down here. Gonna head up north to have a look at one or two soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Way more choice in mainland uk.
    V12 usually have a few.
    Familiarize yourself with the specs, I was surprised at some of the stuff the UK FR doesn’t have as standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Had a one on hire in the UK on holidays last year. It was the auto, a very nice car.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Way more choice in mainland uk.
    V12 usually have a few.
    Familiarize yourself with the specs, I was surprised at some of the stuff the UK FR doesn’t have as standard.

I'm looking for the technology pack. The few I've seen up north have this anyway. The other options seem to be heated seats and a sunroof. I'm not bothered about either of those to be honest. I'll be having a look on autotrader as well. See what's in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For example, the technology pack still doesn’t have auto lights, self dimming mirrors or auto wipers, there’s a convenience pack with that. You don’t get headlight washers standard either (the LEDs don’t need them, but still) but they’re on the winter pack.

Advertisement