Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying clothes online and sending back the ones that don't fit.

Options
  • 30-07-2019 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭

I've found a website that offers free return shipping & refunds for clothes that don't fit. (zalando.ie if anyone is wondering)

For the folks who do online clothes shopping, does that mean I can buy like 30 items, and if I only like two of them, return 28 items the next day 'no hassle'? It says no hassle on the website, but just looking for other people's experiences. I am a total newbie to online clothes shopping.

I am so sick of wandering around shops for hours. If this is possible, then it's a game changer. I can be even lazier.

Also, if anybody has a better online shop recommendation (for men) that allows free return shipping no questions asked do let me know.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I do all my clothes shopping pretty much exclusively online. Some places are better and easier than others for that, but in general it's a fairly easy process.

Have a look and see what their returns policy is - as in, do they send you a paid return label, do you have to pay for shipping the returns back yourself, can you return to a store if there's a branch near you etc.

I've found that when I've returned stuff I bought online on the likes of M&S, Burtons, etc that the refund will b e done onto my card pretty much there and then, but online returns obviously take longer to process - so you could be out of pocket for your 30 items for a month.

It's fairly unusual now for highstreet stores NOT to have a full online shopping service. I've ordered from Marks & Spencer, Burtons, River island, Next with no issues.

I've also bought from ASOS who are exclusively online, with stock from a lot of different shops as well as their own stuff. Their returns process is particularly easy, you ship whatever you don't want back with the paid label they send you when you report that you want to return something (just drop it into a post office) and you get refunded. It takes a week or so, but it's a pretty seamless process.

Have a look at the size guides on the different websites when you're buying, and know your ACTUAL basic measurements (not just that you usually but 34 in jeans etc, but your actual waistsize so you can avoid 'vanity sizing').

• Registered Users Posts: 16,636 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I've returned stuff to Zalando. I'm pretty sure you log into your account and print a return label. 28 items might be taking the pre though! Maybe email and ask?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yep, that should be fine. I have often ordered 8+ items just to try them on, and sent up to 75% of them back. I only order things I genuinely think I’ll like and want to try on, obviously.

As long as you’re not constantly ordering and returning the entire order, I should think it would be fine.

Lots of websites do free returns FYI, so do keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

What about just ordering the same set of jeans in two different sizes, and returning the one that doesn't fit? Do you guys do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What about just ordering the same set of jeans in two different sizes, and returning the one that doesn't fit? Do you guys do that?

I often do that. I'm between sizes and often need to do that. When they offer free returns it's makes a lot more sense that ordering one size, sending it back and ordering different size and paying for delivery charges again.

This is common practice, usually you have to fill in the form why you are sending something back and 'ordered multiple sizes' is always included as an option to chose. There is no issue with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭ShauntaMetzel

That’s great if they are ready to return the unfit items with free shipping. I have known of many sites like this, but for return, they usually don’t cooperate for such a proper manner.

Advertisement