Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attempting to Improve

Options
  • 29-07-2019 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Decided after reading some other people Training logs that i would start my own.
    In 2014 after a complete rupture of my ACL playing rugby, I decided to have a crack off running and have been building up ever since. I Turned 40 this month and still looking to improve all times from 5k to Marathon. My current PB's are

5k - 18.34
    5m - 32.09
    10k - 40.10
    10m - 1.04.55
    Half - 1.28.28
    Marathon - 3.18.52 (Dublin 2018)

Main focus for the past 3 years has been Dublin and it is the same this year and this will be my 4th DCM.
    2016 - 4.00.56
    2017 - 3.31.35
    2018 - 3.18.52

Currently i am following the P&D 55 mile 18 week plan, which i have followed for the last 2 DCM's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Best of luck with the log, as a fellow 40 year old will follow with interest. Some nice PB’s there already.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Last week

Monday - Rest
    Tuesday - 5 Miles - 8.20 Pace
    Wednesday - 9 Miles with 5@ 6.40 Pace
    Thursday - 10 Miles - 8.20 Pace (Very Wet/Windy)
    Friday - Rest
    Saturday - 5 Miles - 8.20 Pace
    Sunday - 16 Miles with 10@ 7.00-7.10 PMP

TOTAL FOR WEEK - 45 Miles

Felt good at the start of the week and not too tired and had my first hard session of this block on Wednesday, Then realized i got Tuesday and Wednesday sessions mixed up. So i found the 10 miles on Thursday in miserable conditions tough with tired legs. Glad i had rest day Friday.
    Long run with PMP miles went very well, managed to hold pace for all 10 MP miles, Legs were tired for the 4 miles to finish out.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

Bit of a set back, Had a sore knee on Monday morning and assumed it was from the run on Sunday, got slightly better during the day and i attempted to do my 8 miles Easy yesterday. After about 2.5 miles it was at me so decided to stop. Managed to get to physio yesterday evening. Looks like i have runners knee so not as serious as i was thinking. This was due to weak glutes and increased pace in training. So a bit of work on my glutes, some taping of my knee i was sent on my way but advised to lower my paces for the next week or so but can still do the mileage on the plan.
    Went for my 5 miles easy this morning and it was a bit tender but felt good. Also have to do some crab walks with band before and after runs.
    So fingers crossed i have seen to this early enough.

Advertisement