Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How hard is it to get a H4 in maths in the LC?

Options
  • 29-07-2019 1:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

So I do applied maths and physics which I'm really good at. Got a H2 in the summer in applied maths and a H1 in physics both at HL but at actual higher level maths I'm...alright I guess...got a H3 in Halloween, H6 in christmas (barely passed I got like 39.7%), H5 in easter and H4 in summer...It's weird. I need a H4 for computer science in Netherlands which requires no points and just a H4 in maths . How hard is it to get a H4 in maths. Doing LC in a 2020.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 ecquestions24

Just enjoy your summer while you still have it man

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭A97

It's very much dependent on your personal aptitude for maths. I would have thought that if you are good at Physics and Applied Maths, you would have a good grasp of a moderate amount of the Maths course. As the previous poster mentioned, it's probably best to not overdo it this summer. However, if you feel like there is some topic from 5th year that you didn't really understand, it might be worth just trying to look over it again. Maybe try a different perspective, as I'm sure that there are plenty of LC Maths videos on YouTube. It's up to you about how much effort you want to go to, but it's always a good sign if you can answer a question on your own without looking at any outside aids.

For the year ahead, just work hard. Do all your homework. Really make an effort to understand the questions and their solutions, and practise problems and past exam questions frequently.

Also, I am not a computer scientist, but it is my understanding that good mathematical skills are very useful, as is a mind that is able to think logically. Maths isn't the be all and end all, but do keep it in mind that a Computer Science course will be quite tricky in places if maths isn't your strong suit.

Advertisement