Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate the race - Round 11 Germany

Options
  • 28-07-2019 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30,038 ✭✭✭✭

Not your average race?

Rate the race 55 votes

0%
    30%
    TCP/IPInquitusSabre0001Frank BullittCharlie-Bravopodmu80skipper_GIndestructableerrlloydDarkglassesdeafroadrunnerLionbackerkksaintsdublinman1990twin_beaconpjohnsonBurkie1203 17 votes
    54%
    Dont be at yourselfantodecoZaphjv2000muckwarrior[Deleted User]Ghost TrainGrim.flazioHarikaUnknownSpeciescherryghost2011Landoflemonv3ttelweekaizerHa Long BayRossi IRLCar99punisher5112 30 votes
    12%
    JoefaceirishashSCOOP 64H3llR4iseralpahaeagleAnjobebillybonkers 7 votes
    0%
    1%
    Dcully 1 vote
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Have to give it a 10, I can't see it being bettered in a long, long time, it had varying weather conditions, crashes, safety cars, mayhem, constant lead changes, 78 pit stops. It's sad that we need weather mayhem to get the best out of F1, but this is the best current F1 can deliver.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

10. I watch to be entertained. It entertained from lap 1 to 64

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The only thing that would've made this the best race is if there had been a "non-standard" winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭d8491prj5boyvg

I'm not easily pleased but thoroughly enjoyed it. Voted 9 but could have been 10, definitely the best given current circumstances. Can't wait for the merc Netflix episode, the icing on the cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I will give it a 10 as well. The race had everything that you could ask for. You could not have asked for anything better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Inviere

9 for me, the only way to improve it would have been an underdog winner. Was really hoping for Hulk or Sainz to grab a podium. Seb had a much deserved result too. Fantastic race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

Did the poster who gave it a 6 do so because Mercedes had a horror show in front of their home crowd? 9 from me. A great race for all of the top ten bar Hamilton. Please let Hungary produce more unpredictability.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Worth a 9.5 (defo more than 9 but not quite a 10), I had to give it a 10 as a good few gave it a 9 already. It'll be up there with one of the finest races we've been treated to. That drag-strip corner is a race-killer for drivers! - do not get rid of it!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

9 for me - fantastic race.

1 point penalty for the FIA for ensuring they found a way to give Hamilton points by not penalising him for what they stated would be a penalisable offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Haven't watched F1 in years....

Was flicking and went to do something and heard all the commotion... Went back in re winded the start and actually watched the whole race....

Was nice to see some real driving and not just computers as that's how I seen it going...

Sure last time I watched was when Schumacher was winning all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Some of you need to cop on and loosen your tin foil hats. There is absolutely no way the stewards took into consideration who was behind the Alfas and by how much when they handed out the penalties.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

A 9 from me - Super race, great result.
    I'm not a Hamilton fan but I did think that his 5 second penalty was unfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

2011 wrote: »
    A 9 from me - Super race, great result.
    I'm not a Hamilton fan but I did think that his 5 second penalty was unfair.

It was a slam dunk. He cut a corner to gain an advantage. If that was a gravel trap or wall he was going to have to go around, the bollard is there for a reason

Plenty of drivers have had penalties for cutting corners and this is no different (Max in Austin for example)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    It was a slam dunk. He cut a corner to gain an advantage. If that was a gravel trap or wall he was going to have to go around, the bollard is there for a reason

Plenty of drivers have had penalties for cutting corners and this is no different (Max in Austin for example)

The bollard is there because Hamilton did almost the same thing last year in the very same place. It caused controversy as it can easily be said that move gave him a great helping hand towards victory, so clear "boundary" this year.

As for the race, it's between 8 and 9. Changeable weather nearly always produces interesting races (to my memory, the only super-dull wet race I saw was a bunch of years ago, 2008 I think, in Silverstone), there was action in the middle of the pack but the name of the winner was basically never in doubt after the first 1/3 of the race - mostly due to the falterings of Hamilton and Leclerc, plus Ferrari putting Vettel P20 on the grid. A 10 would be a race with something epic happening in it, like a last - to - first comeback, or a last lap grasp for victory. Probably Canada 2011 is the closest to a 10 I can think of - if you can last the whole 4 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

I gave it a 10. Its the best race I've seen in a very long time. It was almost the first race since Spain 2016 where both mercs crashed out, Lewis was inches away from hitting the barrier on that spin!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭Inviere

Lewis was inches away from hitting the barrier on that spin!

He actually handled that off brilliantly, especially compared to what Hulkenberg did (damn you Nico, the podium was finally there for you!). Lewis let the car roll and got just enough grip to turn the car so it grazed the barrier....Nico jammed on, and the rest was history.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,611 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I gave it a 9. Took a point away for the too l nice of a penalty Hamilton got and what the FIA done afterwards to downgrade the two Alfa's and get Hamilton a a couple of points.
    Hamilton should have got a 10 second time penalty.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement