Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ECCE Registration

Options
  • 28-07-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know if you’ve already registered your child with a preschool for the upcoming year, is it possible to register with another?
    I’ve registered with a preschool but have been offered a place in one which I would prefer but not sure if it’s ok to go ahead and register with them too?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

When you say register, why have you done exactly? I had my girl down in one a couple of years ago, but in about the May/June before she started I changed to another for the same reason -I found one I preferred.I don't see what the problem would be, they haven't started getting money for her yet?? We are very glad we changed to be honest, very happy it the one we changed to.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Juicyfruit

shesty wrote: »
    When you say register, why have you done exactly? I had my girl down in one a couple of years ago, but in about the May/June before she started I changed to another for the same reason -I found one I preferred.I don't see what the problem would be, they haven't started getting money for her yet?? We are very glad we changed to be honest, very happy it the one we changed to.

Thanks for the reply!
    We filled out a form with all her details(PPS number etc.) and paid a deposit (not expecting it back if we change) so I’m presuming the preschool have registered her into the scheme?
    That’s good to know, just wasn’t sure if it would matter or not.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I had paid a deposit alright too.Hadn't filled detail in though, just name and DOB.To be honest, I would take the place in the other one if you prefer it.It is not September yet so I can't imagine it would be too much hassle (although I am open to correction if needed!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

I’m sure it’s possible, I don’t see why not. I know when my boy was in his preschool year a child started midway through the year, they had been in another preschool in a different county up to that but her family moved to the area

Thanks for the replies! I’ve gone ahead and put her down for the new place. I guess why I was wondering is because new place have asked for the same details and was thinking when they go to register her on the system will it allow them because another preschool have enrolled her with that PPS number already if that makes sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

Well you obviously ring the first one and tell them you no longer need the place and they'll not register her for the coming year as she wont be attending and you ask they destroy her personal details.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

Just notify the original facility and it shouldn't be a problem. I had to change my daughter in August a few years ago and it was fine. Most places have a waiting list so there will be another child to take your child spot!

rainemac wrote: »
    Well you obviously ring the first one and tell them you no longer need the place and they'll not register her for the coming year as she wont be attending and you ask they destroy her personal details.

Yes, obviously. But I put her name down a few months ago so they may have already registered her, I’m not sure when they do it.
    Thanks for the reply..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭rainemac

It's too early for registration yet and even if they did, they just remove the child again, delete her off the system, not a big deal, the big deal is that you notify them that you no longer need the place so that they can fill it or they end up out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    Yes, obviously. But I put her name down a few months ago so they may have already registered her, I’m not sure when they do it.
    Thanks for the reply..

They put a start date on the system, as far as I know, so even if they can pre-register, it will be from September 1st, or whatever date

• Advertisement

lmullen wrote: »
    Just notify the original facility and it shouldn't be a problem. I had to change my daughter in August a few years ago and it was fine. Most places have a waiting list so there will be another child to take your child spot!

Brilliant, thanks!

rainemac wrote: »
    It's too early for registration yet and even if they did, they just remove the child again, delete her off the system, not a big deal, the big deal is that you notify them that you no longer need the place so that they can fill it or they end up out of pocket.

Ah ok that’s good to know. I have every intention of notifying them, I figured that went without saying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

I don't think they can register them until after they start back.
    I know with my kids pre-school, they took the deposit months in advance. Then in September they took PPS and other details for registration. Once registered I got the deposit back in October.

Advertisement