Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freesat / Saorview with SkyQ dódh

Options
  • 27-07-2019 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi I have an LG tv with an integrated freesat / Saorview tuner and a sky q dish, I believe I need to change the LNB to a Hybrid type on the dish for this work?

I have also run the two output cables from the dish into a splitter with one output to go to the TV antenna input.

Would be grateful if anyone can advise if this will work before I invest in the new LNB.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,505 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Saorview will require a connection to a UHF aerial and the Freesat tuner will require a direct connection to a hybrid or universal LNB on the dish.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

The Cush wrote: »
    Saorview will require a connection to a UHF aerial and the Freesat tuner will require a direct connection to a hybrid or universal LNB on the dish.

Will this not do both.

https://powercity.ie/product/QUAD40

Thanks.

paulgs wrote: »

UHF aerial required which connects to the LNB, where the 2 signals are combined, a splitter then separates the signals at the TV end.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Delta Lima

Will that LNB still work for a Sky Q box? I have my doubts.

Delta Lima wrote: »
    Will that LNB still work for a Sky Q box? I have my doubts.

No, it won't.

If the OP wants to keep the SkyQ box together with the LG TV's Saorview and Freesat tuner a hybrid LNB will be required with 2 cables to the SkyQ box an 1 cable to the TV's Freesat tuner with a separate Saorview aerial cable to the TV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement