Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best upgrade from S8?

Options
  • 27-07-2019 12:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any strong recommendations on an upgrade from an S8 on a limited budget.

Limited in the sense that I'm not a power user, so really what I'd like is a phone with much better speakers whilst still having great screen quality, and without having to spend more than about 400-450.

Stuff like GPU/RAM/storage doesn't bother me at all, as long as they're half respectable and paired with a reasonable CPU. I just really don't like the single bottom placed mono speaker on the S8.

I was thinking of a Razer Phone 2 from Fonez for 450. The speaker quality is really appealing to me...but interested in any suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,291 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I don't know of any stand out fone with great speakers, something I would like myself. HTC used to lead the way in that respect some years ago with some of their fones having 2 speakers on the front. LG lead the way now in headphone out quality with high resolution dac chips included but that doesn't affect speaker quality. The trend has been to make fones slimmer and sleeker with as high as screen to body ratio as possible leaving no space for a speaker on the front. Speaker tech has not changed fundamentally and the only way to get better sound quality is to have a bigger speaker or dual speakers but that would spoil the look of the current design trends. I've noticed bluetooth portable speakers have become quite popular of late, maybe you would consider getting one of those for home use.

Advertisement