Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland IS getting nuclear weapons

• 26-07-2019 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

The UK's nuclear arsenal, is the UK's nuclear arsenal....it is not England's nuclear arsenal...it is not the English nuclear arsenal, it has been paid for by all the nations of the UK.

In the event of a united Ireland....Ireland IS getting nuclear weapons, because Irish people have paid for these deterrents, and Ireland, being a small nation, with many historical enemies, has a historical need to deter....

I'm trying to get the discussion going....because British agents will try incite an anti-nuclear weapon sentiment in Ireland...So, the Boris Johnsons, the Rees-Moggs, and the Nigel Farage's and their Irish sympathisers, will still have the whip hand over us.

We are getting nuclear weapons

Discuss!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Are you on something???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Ukraine gave up their nukes and now look at the mess they're in. A united Ireland would need nukes to keep the 1ueen of England at bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭micky jammy delahunty

Ukraine gave up their nukes and now look at the mess they're in. A united Ireland would need nukes to keep the 1ueen of England at bay.

Yes....Indeed....that is exactly my point.

If Ukraine had not been so foolish...Putin wouldn't have been so quick to invade if he thought the response would be "say hello to my little friend"

I think we need to be realistic....

I hope people aren't getting confused. I'm not saying we get the nuclear weapons and use them....I'm saying; we trust, but deter...try and rape me again, and I'll murder you in your bed....Only as a last resort would they be used, and since they'd be deterred from pushing it to the point of a last resort, they'd never be used....

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So if I'm reading this right - because Northern Ireland is part of the UK, which has nuclear weapons, in the even of a break-up of the UK and Ireland becoming united, the newly united Ireland would be entitled to Northern Ireland's portion of the UK's nuclear arsenal?

Where exactly would we store these weapons, in a shed around the back of Áras an Uachtarain?

And while I'm at it, who are the many historical enemies that Ireland has? I don't think the Vikings really count any more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,522 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Zaph wrote: »
    Where exactly would we store these weapons, in a shed around the back of Áras an Uachtarain?

Not at all, we'd also presumably be entitled to at least 1 nuclear submarine and we could use that to store the weapons, and of course, keep them hidden from the British at the same time.
    I wonder what else we could claim to be entitled to?...
    :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,942 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Rockall obviously ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Hobosan

Roughly one of the Queens limbs.

A few of those helicopters

And

Some HMS...we can rename after Martin McGuiness

And we're entitled to a lot of this stuff......A least a palace or two and some of those crown jewels....

banie01 wrote: »
    Rockall obviously ;)

It's the Scottish getting shirty about Rockall, not the English....The Scottish have been thinking about their future...The English don't even realise they don't have one....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

To cover the cost of running the north, it would be easier to loan us London for a few years till we sort it out up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,708 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Not at all, we'd also presumably be entitled to at least 1 nuclear submarine and we could use that to store the weapons, and of course, keep them hidden from the British at the same time.
    And does this work both ways? Could we insist, for instance, that Great Britain is obliged to keep 97.1% of Sammy Wilson?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Peregrinus wrote: »
    And does this work both ways? Could we insist, for instance, that Great Britain is obliged to keep 97.1% of Sammy Wilson?

I think we can concede ownership on that one :D

Can always commandeer Micheal D's two gigantic dogs to serve as mobile rocket launchers.

Let's put this another way

There's a realistic possibility of Nigel Farage becoming UK prime minister

Advertisement