Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai i30 vs Ford Focus vs Mazda 3 - Petrol

Options
  • 25-07-2019 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I do around 5-8k km a year so looking for a petrol car. Budget ideally no bigger than 18k with cars from 2016-2019. It's important that the car has AndroidAuto or ability to add it later. Was thinking between Hyundai i30 vs Ford Focus vs Mazda 3 hatchback. I really like the Mazda, but they seem to be really rare to it might be a problem when it comes to buying parts. Even to travel to dealership is a couple of hours drive. Also, my experiences at Mazda dealerships so far have been unplesant to say the least. Out of those 3 cars which do you think is best in terms of reliability, cost of parts, better value for money etc? I don't want VW golf or polo....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

garmin123 wrote: »
    I do around 5-8k km a year so looking for a petrol car. Budget ideally no bigger than 18k with cars from 2016-2019. It's important that the car has AndroidAuto or ability to add it later. Was thinking between Hyundai i30 vs Ford Focus vs Mazda 3 hatchback. I really like the Mazda, but they seem to be really rare to it might be a problem when it comes to buying parts. Even to travel to dealership is a couple of hours drive. Also, my experiences at Mazda dealerships so far have been unplesant to say the least. Out of those 3 cars which do you think is best in terms of reliability, cost of parts, better value for money etc? I don't want VW golf or polo....

All good in terms of reliability, focus will hold value best, the mazda the least

Hyundai are the least interesting to drive and be in.

Your mileage is so small, you should be giving some consideration to an electric

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Wouldn’t be sure about the focus having the best depreciation. Traditionally they do quite poorly on resale.

I would say a Focus ecoboost would be massively less reliable than a normally aspirated Mazda or Hyundai.

Ford will have the cheapest parts, both Hyundai and Mazda a bit expensive in that regard. The Hyundai would have a 5 year warranty from new though.

Focus can have a 7 year warranty sometimes but I think there are mileage limitations etc. If it’s an ecoboost it’ll probably be a uk car anyway.

Speaking of warranty, consider a Kia Ceed. Same basic thing as the i30 and with a 7 year/160k warranty.

Also, I think opinions on the Focus somehow being great to drive are overstated. Might have been true 20 years ago but they’re very average nowadays.

Advertisement