Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alone

Options
  • 25-07-2019 8:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    In short I feel alone, first a little background and feel free to move thread if needed.

I moved to Ireland full time in mid 90's been back and forth all my life and love Ireland. I met some 22 years ago a woman whom married and have two kids with, very happy on the most part. I have worked bloody hard to get into a position of seniority in a very good Irish company and am respected in my field. I surpassed my expectations if I am honest in both personal and professional life.

the one thing i cannot help shift is i feel alone, my family are in the UK so no parents, brothers etc.. my best friends also in UK, I know folks here and interact daily but feel at times I have no where to turn when things get tough.

There is an expectation at home that unless I am 100% positive all the time I am labeled "grumpy". Unless every word I say is positive i should not speak, I was at the kids football match yesterday, being a football person i can read a game and could see a number of passes and under my breath i would say "make the through ball" or " pass it early" all VERY quite but the wife would say "stop giving out, your going mad, see anyone else carrying on like that". Truth is NO-ONE outside of sitting on my shoulder would have any notion I said that but When i replay as such I get a scornful look and feel like crap. I end up annoyed and that is what I get labeled with, "Grumpy again, you need to relax and calm down..."

I suppose I just wanted to come on here and vent a little, its just wearing me down and I am trying so hard to always be the happy person but cannot keep it going forever and when i try to raise it with the wife its glossed over, or i get told "you are the positive one, you hold us together, you keep it all working"

I am tired and have no one close to talk with. I feel alone, and sometimes want to stop

Thats enough for now

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭blarb

Hi OP,

That does sound like a lonely place, and a lot of pressure for you to remain upbeat, even if you mightn't be feeling upbeat at the time. Surely nobody can be positive all the time? We all need to vent sometimes, and I would definitely like my spouse to be able to listen to me without making me feel bad about it!

Do you have any activities or hobbies that are just for you? Maybe 5 a side if you are into football, or something? Or a friend to grab a drink with every now and then, have a bit of a grumble!

Do you have anything particularly stressful going on in your life? Or is it just an accumulation of these comments about what other people would think etc? Which would get on my nerves to be honest!

Anyway, vent away, hopefully maybe even posting here will help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

no one is happy.all the time.

have you or are you able to discuss this.with your wife?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

OP, You will have to vent somewhere as it not the smartest move to allow it to build up. No one is in great humour the whole time unless they are great actors:D
    Get a hobby if you can and hopefully will make friends that way

Advertisement