Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bray Air Show— Best place to view (except Bray)

Options
  • 24-07-2019 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭

I want to take my son to the air display this weekend but I don't really want to go into Bray.

Where's the best place to view the air show from South County Dublin?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I would say somewhere in or around Kiliney,

Perhaps the beach there just south of Kiliney.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Killiney Hill is an option, but it always busy with people doing the same as you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

We go to killiney, weather looks to be pretty good so grab a blanket and food and park yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

Excellent advice guys. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭frash

Shanganagh Park in Shankill is a good one too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Tomw86

What time would this kick off at run until?

I assuming you would have to be there very very early to get a decent spot out in Bray?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Tomw86 wrote: »

I assuming you would have to be there very very early to get a decent spot out in Bray?

starts @12 both days, think it runs for a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Tomw86 wrote: »

I used to arrive out after it started and managed to get good sitting area just at the beach. Biggest hassle is if you are driving and trying to get into Bray

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Hey guys

I know this is an old thread but any idea where would be a good spot to watch form on Sunday that isn't Bray beach,

Northsider so not much knowledge of the local area, Heard people say Killiney hill & even the sugar loaf ,

• Registered Users Posts: 23,871 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

All you will see from either of those locations, are the aircraft movements to and from the display area at Bray - maybe. In other words you'll see some stuff from a distance but it won't be all that exciting.

I remember being in a back garden in Greystones one year it was on and the Red Arrows' Hawks were passing over as they set up for their close passes over Bray, but of itself it wasn't very spectacular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,366 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Killiney is ok. But you do miss a lot of action especially the smaller aircraft and if there’s clouds. If getting dart go to Bray. It’s usually full by the time it gets to Killiney so it’s mainly locals watching it who can’t get on the Dart

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Went one year to Killiney beach to watch the display but it was very disappointing just watching the planes in the distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Phat Cat

Is Bray head a good spot to watch or will it be ram packed?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Also thinking the same. Parking all booked up for Sunday in bray. Only shuttle bus parking left. That's 4k to the beach. Is there any other parking spots available in bray that haven't been advertised on bray airshow website?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭SteM

Doubt it. Bray's a pig of a town to park in on a normal day.

Why not park in Greystones and get the Dart to Bray?

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭spuddy90

Might try that thanks.

Advertisement