Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Irish unity referendum is coming, and we must prepare for it

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Far too complicated to answer yes or no to a vague concept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's not coming for many years. Even if Brexit is a complete and utter horlicks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

would it need a referendum - yes
    do I want one - no

the reality of it is, there is no way in hell to pull this off without a massive increase in government spending and a tax increase to fund it, it would take decades of legal paperwork to pull off, and as much as its the most irish thing to quest for and want for all time and my heart wants a united Ireland. I would likely be out arm in arm with the DUP campaigning for a no vote, throwing up every hundred meters.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Mod: Moved to Current Affairs/IMHO.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Advertisement