Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N83 - Claregalway bypass

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Last Stop

This might get moving again

Thread title should be amended to "Claregalway Bypass" maybe?

I can’t see TII budging on this issue. They are after investing over €600m in a new motorway which should have solved the problem and are due to drop another €600m on the Galway bypass which should help matters too.

If anything is to happen in Claregalway it will have to be lead by either developers or GCC.

Would a mini roundabout work better than the lights?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭BelfastVanMan

This might get moving again

Thread title should be amended to "Claregalway Bypass" maybe?

Or "N83 Claregalway Bypass"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

It could be I suppose.... it was originally called the "Inner Relief Road" to very definitely seperate it from the M17 project as "Claregalway bypass" at the time could technically refer to either.

I remember this thread :D Just over 10 years and that old Photobucket is still working.

I have plans for the Claregalway Inner Relief Road. I thought they were the final plans, why the hell does this have to go to Route Options and Public Consultation?

This country needs a fast-track method of construction. Call it "Critical National Infrastructure" or something like that.

A post of mine from 2011 earlier in this thread. Its all still true.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

MOD:

Posts moved from old N17 relief road thread. The exact nature of what's planned here is unclear yet.

• Advertisement

There is no scheme to bypass Claregalway - it's just a local county councillor talking.

There are plans to put in a new pedestrian crossing and footpaths by the bridge.

There was a scheme, years ago. Seems to have disappeared into the ether.

• Site Banned Posts: 136 ✭✭rainybillwill

Claregalway badly needs a Bypass. Would it be better north or south of town town?

More movement on this at the local level
    Motion passed to prioritise Claregalway roads project

https://galwaybayfm.ie/galway-bay-fm-news-desk/motion-passed-to-prioritise-claregalway-roads-project/

A motion has been been passed to accelerate the Claregalway Inner Relief Road project.

The motion requests that the County Manager and the Director of Services for roads write to the Minister of Transport and TII to prioritise the project.

The Claregalway Relief Road was in the Programme for Government in 2007 but was shelved by the then Minister for Transport in 2014.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

• Advertisement
Advertisement