Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to commute from Navan to IFSC

Options
  • 22-07-2019 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

What are the options these days for commuting to the IFSC in Dublin from Navan.

Would the Navan Xpress or the Sillan tours bus be quicker. Or how about driving to the Dunboyne park and ride and getting the train in.

What about coming back in the evening, how long is the commute on either the bus or train?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

What are the options these days for commuting to the IFSC in Dublin from Navan.

Would the Navan Xpress or the Sillan tours bus be quicker. Or how about driving to the Dunboyne park and ride and getting the train in.

What about coming back in the evening, how long is the commute on either the bus or train?

I would suggest driving to the m3 parkway and using the train. The car park is free. The NX won't drop you too far away. So you could walk or get the luas. I'm not sure on the route that sillan use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭chewed

I would suggest driving to the m3 parkway and using the train. The car park is free. The NX won't drop you too far away. So you could walk or get the luas. I'm not sure on the route that sillan use.

The NX will stop on Abbey St as far as I'm aware so it's a short walk to the IFSC. Sillan will drop off on O'Connell St.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭BRYAN Is Ainm Dom

If you are getting the bus go for Sillan, far quicker and reliable than Bus Eireann. I get Sillian at 6.40am and am usually in Baggot street by just before 8am. Usually get 4.35 bus from Nassau st and am home just before 6pm.

But to go to IFSC, probably train is best as it drops you right there. I use to work in IFSC and found train pretty good in morning but going back could be mental as not enough space on train, not sure if it has improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,667 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Drive to M3 Parkway and get the train to Docklands. Ten minute walk to IFSC. Navan X takes forever. Sillan packed

Advertisement