Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silly Season - Recruitment Firms

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Do you mean recruitment agencies are a waste of time? I have an informal meeting with one on Wed.

El_Bee wrote: »
    Do you mean recruitment agencies are a waste of time? I have an informal meeting with one on Wed.

More to be wary of.

The attached is the second such either stupid copying or downright harvesting of CVs I've seen lately.

However, you've a better chance of getting a job by meeting the recruiter than not. But, I'd much prefer to respond to a job direct from the employer.

Good luck.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The two jobs below are in two different locations, from what appears two separate agencies, and very specific (i.e. word for word) details. :rolleyes:

Goes to show, unless you've a very good relationship with someone in any agency, best to be avoided.

https://www.irishjobs.ie/Jobs/Financial-Controller-8355811.aspx

https://ie.indeed.com/jobs?q=%22managing%20director%22&start=60&vjk=22affcb76ad6ede8

Total nonsense. You have absolution nothing whatosever other to support this BS other than your opinion. And even then it's hard to know exactly what you are on about.

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Total nonsense.

Have you read what was in the job specs. There was non generic phrases repeated that were highly unusual.

If you think that my assertion is total nonsense I hope you're enjoying your career in recruitment or I've a bridge you might be interested in buying.

The second job now appears to be gone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Have you read what was in the job specs. There was non generic phrases repeated that were highly unusual.

If you think that my assertion is total nonsense I hope you're enjoying your career in recruitment or I've a bridge you might be interested in buying.

All in your mind. No one else gives a fig.

Not at all. It was ridiculously copied, and totally different territory. One job was in Limerick the second was in South Dublin.

Do tell them to make more of an effort in future and not to be so obvious.

See attached and below Jim - There are other similarities for this South Dublin and Limerick job from two different agencies, but I've just kept it where the lines are pretty much verbatim. What's your take on the Moon landings and the Flat Earth theory... Just to make sure.

This is THE role to secure if you are dynamic, high energy and looking to join [The words change for the rest of the sentence, but the context is the same]

Responsibilities
    • Standard Financial Controller duties including ownership of month-end close, P&L accounts prep, etc (one recruitment firm goes into further detail while the other lost the will to live and just put etc).
    • Office management, this is a financial Controller role with one direct report (qualified accountant) but you will be called in to assist with the day to day management of the company On the other it's changed to part qualified accountant.
    Requirements
    • Strong communication – it will be your role to explain finance to non-finance team members & suppliers, you will need to get new processes, products & ideas over the line, this can only be done with a proven track record of success in this area
    • Ownership – this is a small office and the work needs to be done. Hours are flexible once the role is done to high level.
    Reporting line: Group Managing Director

Advertisement