Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loss of signal tonight on my Sky+ Digibox

Options
  • 21-07-2019 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭

hello , has everyones signal been ok tonight on their Sky+ Digibox ? - ours keep freezing, pixellating - I'm just putting it down to that its been lashing down outside most of the evening, but I just wanted to check if others Digiboxes are working OK?

We have had rain before and its been fine - maybe its just the wind has knocked it a bit out of kilter - but in the settings on the signal meter , when the signal is there the bars are nice and high

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

hello , has everyones signal been ok tonight on their Sky+ Digibox ? - ours keep freezing, pixellating - I'm just putting it down to that its been lashing down outside most of the evening, but I just wanted to check if others Digiboxes are working OK?

We have had rain before and its been fine - maybe its just the wind has knocked it a bit out of kilter - but in the settings on the signal meter , when the signal is there the bars are nice and high

No problems here on my end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I get the same during very hard cloudburst.. It happened yesterday afternoon.. Normally I have strong signals but during heavy cloudburst it can degrade the signal causing pixellation or loss of signal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Same problem in Galway yesterday evening watching the Golf, the rain at the time was monsoon like so I put it down to that, when it eased off picture was perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭winston_1

The sky system is very robust against rain fade. In Sligo you should have a zone 2 dish. If it is the smaller zone 1 type you could have problems in the heavy rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

winston_1 wrote: »
    The sky system is very robust against rain fade. In Sligo you should have a zone 2 dish. If it is the smaller zone 1 type you could have problems in the heavy rain.

ah right - not sure . Think its 65cm dish .. does that sound about right?

• Advertisement
Advertisement