Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bringing a camper in from UK next week

Options
  • 20-07-2019 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi all,

Hopefully my last question for a while! I am going to the UK next weekend to pick up a camper van. I will be paying for it on collection and driving it straight back (next morning). The van has its MOT and UK tax. Once I have it insured is there anything else I need to do before leaving the UK? I know everything I need to do once I get it back but just want to make sure there is nothing preventing me from leaving with it in the first place!

Many thanks, E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Hi all,

Hopefully my last question for a while! I am going to the UK next weekend to pick up a camper van. I will be paying for it on collection and driving it straight back (next morning). The van has its MOT and UK tax. Once I have it insured is there anything else I need to do before leaving the UK? I know everything I need to do once I get it back but just want to make sure there is nothing preventing me from leaving with it in the first place!

Many thanks, E

This might be useful to know: https://www.gov.uk/taking-vehicles-out-of-uk

“ If you bought a vehicle in the UK but do not have a UK address
    You need to:
    take the full vehicle log book (V5C) from the seller (not just the new keeper slip)
    send the ‘permanent export’ section to DVLA
    find out how to register the vehicle in the country you’re taking it to “
    The standard procedure for selling in the UK ( ie non export ) is for the seller to post the V5 to the DVLA. You need to ensure they don’t do this as it will cause you problems when registering at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Unregistered39

Thanks so much, and sorry about the very late response!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Thanks so much, and sorry about the very late response!

You’re welcome. Good luck with it.

Advertisement