Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Where to get an xmas tree

• 18-07-2019 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭ Effects

So I just found out that I'm heading abroad for Christmas this year.
    Because of this I need to get a tree early. I want to have it up by the end of August. Can anyone recommend a supplier that will have them around that time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ rubberdungeon

Effects wrote: »
    Because of this I need to get a tree early. I want to have it up by the end of August. Can anyone recommend a supplier that will have them around that time?

Worth giving Argos a try when their new catalogue comes out, should be available soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭ Effects

I don't want a fake one. They're bullśhit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭ K.Flyer

Don't think it will be too easy to pack and ship a real one from here.
    By the time xmass comes around it will look like a witherd twig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭ TRS30

Are you planning on putting it up for a few days before you go and having an early Christmas or leaving it up from August till you get back in the new year?

If a real one and second option then will be in pretty bad shape by about September!

If you really want a real one this time of year you could try a few big garden centers and ask for a fir tree. Will be expensive enough. Not sure where you based but you could try Tulleys in north county Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭ rubberdungeon

http://www.christmastreesireland.com/welcome?url=index.php

They might be able to advise you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 26,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Posy

Also, less responses like this to people who are trying to help with your query please.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,775 ✭✭✭ Effects

Posy wrote: »
    Also, less responses like this to people who are trying to help with your query please.

Sorry. I just don't think fake trees are Chrismassy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,766 ✭✭✭ Caranica

Sorry. I just don't think fake trees are Chrismassy.

I'd agree if you were talking about fake trees if the 80s and 90s but nowadays you can get some amazing trees. I'm a convert in recent years

• Registered Users Posts: 26,267 ✭✭✭✭ freshpopcorn

If you want a real tree. I'd try ad contact the local places/garden centers/ nursery's/etc that sell them and ask them.

Advertisement