Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the world a lot more stable than it appears.

Options
  • 17-07-2019 10:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭

Libya is a state that collapsed and various faction are still fighting for power, yet within a few hours of the Manchester bombing the family of the bomber was pick up and arrested and now the brother of the bomber has been deported to the UK.

It obvious that a lot goes on behind the scenes that never become public.

There are lots of examples like that, countries that are supposed 'enemies' have treaties dividing valuable water resources between them and so on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

The world hasn't ever been stable, in that sense.

There's violence everywhere in the world and unless something drastic happens to our genetic make up, humans will forever be at eachother's throats in some way, shape or form. You have to remember we're still animals underneath it all.

Large portions of the populated world have been at war now for quite some time but we just haven't dubbed it as a world war, as it isn't striking the images of the previous two but it's on going and could eventually escalate to full scale global conflict.

The effects of climate change and over population is becoming a major driving force for conflict in regions within Africa, resulting in forced migration, further destabilising the region.

The Middle East has become a proxy war playground, far from stable. People are being upheaved and forced to migrate to the likes of Europe, where we now see a rise in racist attacks and nationalism. This is due again to the fact that underneath, we are still animals and tribalism is embedded into us, unfortunately.

If the chimps do it, you can almost guarantee that we do it in some roundabout way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

I suppose my point that there are a lot of hidden actors in world affairs that we never hear about.

mariaalice wrote: »
    I suppose my point that there are a lot of hidden actors in world affairs that we never hear about.

Well in terms of Libya handing over that guy's brother, they probably just didn't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Western countries have been arming the Libyan militants, along with the Turkish. Not the UK directly, as far as I know, but maybe they seen potential there.

GooglePlus wrote: »
    Well in terms of Libya handing over that guy's brother, they probably just didn't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Western countries have been arming the Libyan militants, along with the Turkish. Not the UK directly, as far as I know, but maybe they seen potential there.

But how was a supposed failed state that is in chaos and lawless( according to the media ) have very quick contact with the British secret services and was able to find and arrest the famly very quickley? There has to be actors in the background that we never here off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Harvey Weinstein

But how was a supposed failed state that is in chaos and lawless( according to the media ) have very quick contact with the British secret services and was able to find and arrest the famly very quickley? There has to be actors in the background that we never here off.

Because the British secret service along with those of the US, France etc are still operating within Libya and most likely advising/controlling the various factions there.

• Advertisement

Because the British secret service along with those of the US, France etc are still operating within Libya and most likely advising/controlling the various factions there.

That only proves my point that the media/twitter/commentators presentation of what is happening is not correct.

The front stage and back stage actors, the back stage actors have far more influence that we realise.

That only proves my point that the media/twitter/commentators presentation of what is happening is not correct.

The front stage and back stage actors, the back stage actors have far more influence that we realise.

Western influence in a middle eastern region usually spells instability, not the opposite.

They may have a pull with some of the militias, but I doubt that relationship is too strong and it's definitely a two way bartering system.

Advertisement