Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiko Alien 2 - image recommendation for FTA?

Options
  • 17-07-2019 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have an Amiko Alien 2 and I'm wondering what is the best option for an image for FTA?

Much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hey all,

I have an Amiko Alien 2 and I'm wondering what is the best option for an image for FTA?

Much appreciated

I’m using the old Hyperion 4 image and it’s perfect

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

open atv 6.2 with wooshbuild

Here an upto date backup of open atv 6.2 with wooshbuild

channels can be changed with tuner and autobouqetsmaker

network usb realtek dongle drivers installed aswell

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/abj90638sxa9429/AACah8jWbh62edI4qLDm3Ts5a?dl=0

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Nowso wrote: »
    Here an upto date backup of open atv 6.2 with wooshbuild

channels can be changed with tuner and autobouqetsmaker

network usb realtek dongle drivers installed aswell

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/abj90638sxa9429/AACah8jWbh62edI4qLDm3Ts5a?dl=0

I tried flashing this, but it keeps coming up with ERR on the display. Have re-downloaded and tried again but still get the same.

Am unzipping files and putting them into an enigma2 folder on the root of the USB.

eamonnq wrote: »
    I tried flashing this, but it keeps coming up with ERR on the display. Have re-downloaded and tried again but still get the same.

Am unzipping files and putting them into an enigma2 folder on the root of the USB.

Have you tried any of the old Hyperion images?

• Advertisement

Have flashed the box a few times, with ATV images, but couldn't get wooshbuild or grogbuild working even though the install seemed to go ok.

Had wooshbuild working up to a point, had the SkyQ skin, was able to record etc. but had no saorview channels coming in. So went to start from scratch again, and had nothing but trouble.

Thought flashing the complete image above would be easier, but it didn't work out either.

Might try an old hyperion next, but was hoping to try out IPTV with wooshbuild or grogs first.

Have flashed the box a few times, with ATV images, but couldn't get wooshbuild or grogbuild working even though the install seemed to go ok.

Had wooshbuild working up to a point, had the SkyQ skin, was able to record etc. but had no saorview channels coming in. So went to start from scratch again, and had nothing but trouble.

Thought flashing the complete image above would be easier, but it didn't work out either.

Might try an old hyperion next, but was hoping to try out IPTV with wooshbuild or grogs first.

I always thought it was the box that was dependent on weather you could run iptv on it rather than the image?

No, once the addon is available it should be able to run it on any enigma2 box.

Probably not great for IPTV, but would like to give it a go to see.

woosh build works better without the sky skin/picons

i had xcplugin in b4 but now use android to play iptv not sat boxs

Pretty sure your wasting your time trying to run decent quality iptv on an amiko or similar style box

• Advertisement
Advertisement