Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with choosing a solicitor?

Options
  • 16-07-2019 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are interested in getting a new house up in Drogheda we already secured the house for 5k and now we are looking for a solicitor, the agent suggested that we should get a solicitor within drogheda but I am not sure about that. I live in Dun laoghaire at the moment and I am wondering who or where should I contact, we contacted one in dun laoghaire and she gave us a quote of €2k + vat.
    Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

<SNIP> are great and I can say we're one of the best quotes I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

what did the €2k + vat cover ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Get recommendations and don't go with the cheapest quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ikayp

Hello there! In the same boat with OP, if anyone has any recommendations for drogheda based solicitor and surveyor kindly PM me please, and any thoughts on an tsean mhargadh apartments? Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

My advice is are you a member of a social club/team/organisation? These are great places to network for professional services or to network.

Solicitors and other professions use these clubs to find clients too. Also they tend not to poop in the same pools that they fish in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Where solicitors are does not matter....i know people selecting wexford solicitors for dublin properties

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

As previously said get recommendations. The solicitor we had was a nightmare and added a lot to the overall stress levels.

We ignored the get recommendations advice and I regretted it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Citygirl1

100% get recommendations. I would go further, and check if you know anyone who had a particularly challenging purchase/sale, due to legal issues (eg. Problems with title, land registry, access, etc), or other challenges, such as a poor solicitor on the other side. Ask how effectively their solicitor dealt with the situation. Also, reasonably good communication is important. If someone has dealt with the same solicitor over an extended period of time, that's a good sign also. Remember, mistakes made at time of purchase, may not become apparent until you go to sell the property. generally years later.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Recommendations by PM only

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement