Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

working at AIB campus ballsbridge

Options
  • 16-07-2019 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

hi wondering if anyone has any info on working here, is there a canteen etc? also is there a dart station / bus stop close by? thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I used to work there but with the renovations I'm not sure about the canteen situation anymore. There used to be a subsidised restaurant and a coffee dock there along with a small shop.

There are numerous bus stops on the main Merrion road and it backs onto the Landsdowne dart stop and there's a specific entrance onto the platform.

Again, it's been a year since I worked there and the massive renovations to the site might have changed things.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Also I believe AIB are moving to a new location soon enough?

Not relavant if the OP is looking at a short term contract, but something to consider if it is for a longer term role.

Bob24 wrote: »
    Also I believe AIB are moving to a new location soon enough?

Not relavant if the OP is looking at a short term contract, but something to consider if it is for a longer term role.

Yup. They've actually started moving - to Heuston South Quarter, Molesworth Street and Leopardstown, depending on the area you work in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭OMM 0000

The area is nice. Walk down to the dodder and you've loads of lunch options. Also you can eat your lunch in Herbert Park.

Transport is good. You could even walk into the city centre from there. I did it loads of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭sheepondrugs

I used to work there but with the renovations I'm not sure about the canteen situation anymore. There used to be a subsidised restaurant and a coffee dock there along with a small shop.

There are numerous bus stops on the main Merrion road and it backs onto the Landsdowne dart stop and there's a specific entrance onto the platform.

Again, it's been a year since I worked there and the massive renovations to the site might have changed things.

thanks for the reply- just to clarify: is there an entrance to AIB direct from platform?

• Advertisement

thanks for the reply- just to clarify: is there an entrance to AIB direct from platform?

Yup. That's it. It's direct onto the campus, there's still a 3/4 minute walk to the building and it's on the assumption that you have a leap card. Again, the Ballsbridge buildings are being emptied to make way for Facebook so if you're applying for a role in AIB, you won't be going to Ballsbridge for long, or at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭sheepondrugs

Yup. That's it. It's direct onto the campus, there's still a 3/4 minute walk to the building and it's on the assumption that you have a leap card. Again, the Ballsbridge buildings are being emptied to make way for Facebook so if you're applying for a role in AIB, you won't be going to Ballsbridge for long, or at all.

greatt thanks again!

Advertisement