Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who regulates/inspects fuel pump facilities

• 15-07-2019 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭

Can anyone guide me in finding out who regulates/inspects fuel pump facilities?

Not just petrol stations but I'm thinking more like private fuel pumps located in garages, depots etc

TIA

Comments

Can anyone guide me in finding out who regulates/inspects fuel pump facilities?

Not just petrol stations but I'm thinking more like private fuel pumps located in garages, depots etc

TIA

NSAI

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭touchdown77

Yes the NSAI regulate the pump calibration etc but who regulates from an environmental aspect? e.g. that the entire installation is properly run, has proper pollution control infrastructure etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭irishfire

Yes the NSAI regulate the pump calibration etc but who regulates from an environmental aspect? e.g. that the entire installation is properly run, has proper pollution control infrastructure etc

Looks like someone is looking for the chance of a pound of flesh...

NSAI regulate the pump measures and metrology of commercial premises (which hold an AFTL - Auto Fuel Traders License), these are also subject to ADR regs for delivery vehicles.

In the case you describe the local fire authority grants licenses for the storage of over 15 litres of petrol on a premises (unless held in the tank of a vehicle).

For diesel fuel or MGO (green diesel) there are no specific requirements as far as I know, the HSA only make specific guidance on petrol due to its flammability. This does not remove any of the environmental responsibility however and the need for proper segregation, storage and bunding on the site and appropriate spill catching measures, oil separators in surface water drains etc and a documented process for monitoring and maintaining all equipment, dealing with spills and so on.

These things would be looked at by the relevant offices at the planning stage if it was specified in the applications that there was a provision for any kind of bulk fuel storage on the site.

Local authority/EPA would investigate reports of environmental impact, such reports range from an oil slick in a river/drain to an observation of a leak on a premises

Advertisement