Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Architect Recommendation

  • 15-07-2019 8:18am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭ lassykk
    Registered User


    I was wondering if anyone had any architect recommendations.

    We are contemplating a small (400sq ft) extension and an alteration to the layout of a master bedroom and could do with some advice on it.

    Never used one before so not sure who to go to!

    Thanks


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ rekdtangle
    Registered User


    Colin Falconer is excellent. Have used him on various jobs over the years. Not sure if this would be big enough for him but worth speaking with him.


  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ invara
    Registered User


    Tom Finnegan who works out of Fumbally is very good for that kind of thing.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭ dzilla
    Registered User


    lassykk wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any architect recommendations.

    We are contemplating a small (400sq ft) extension and an alteration to the layout of a master bedroom and could do with some advice on it.

    Never used one before so not sure who to go to!

    Thanks

    Are you looking for somebody to draw up plans for extension/home improvements? Or are you looking for an architect to design / draw up and manage the build?


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭ lassykk
    Registered User


    rekdtangle wrote: »
    Colin Falconer is excellent. Have used him on various jobs over the years. Not sure if this would be big enough for him but worth speaking with him.

    Cheers. They weren't interested in something so small


  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭ lassykk
    Registered User


    dzilla wrote: »
    Are you looking for somebody to draw up plans for extension/home improvements? Or are you looking for an architect to design / draw up and manage the build?

    At the moment it's just to draw up plans with a view to doing in the future and to steer us in the direction of a rough costing


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭ lassykk
    Registered User


    invara wrote: »
    Tom Finnegan who works out of Fumbally is very good for that kind of thing.

    Cheers. Will give him a shout


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭ thomasm
    Registered User


    James Hennessy - Hennessy and Associates, found him very good and fast


  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ ThumbTaxed
    Registered User


    lassykk wrote: »
    I was wondering if anyone had any architect recommendations.

    We are contemplating a small (400sq ft) extension and an alteration to the layout of a master bedroom and could do with some advice on it.

    Never used one before so not sure who to go to!

    Thanks

    Warren Flavin. Excellent.

    Went to him with plans, of sort, he could have just did the planning but he redid the plans and the house is far better. He was excellent.


Advertisement