Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Minor Hurling Championship 2019

  • 15-07-2019 8:14am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭ donnem33
    Registered User


    Can anyone offer an explanation as to why Galway are not in the Leinster Championship? Seems very strange considering they are competing at every other level.

    Seems incredulous that yesterday was Kilkenny's seventh game to Galway's first - the new quarter final system is a huge disadvantage to Galway; thus should be pushing for full inclusion in Leinster - including having the senior club champion.


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭ Pogue eile
    Registered User


    donnem33 wrote: »
    Can anyone offer an explanation as to why Galway are not in the Leinster Championship? Seems very strange considering they are competing at every other level.

    Seems incredulous that yesterday was Kilkenny's seventh game to Galway's first - the new quarter final system is a huge disadvantage to Galway; thus should be pushing for full inclusion in Leinster - including having the senior club champion.

    The Leinster counties voted against it, they seen Galways impressive track record as a possible block to thier development and possible success. Agree totally that it's wholly unsatisfactory. They are either in Leinster or not.


  • Registered Users Posts: 920 Last Stop
    Registered User


    Pogue eile wrote: »
    The Leinster counties voted against it, they seen Galways impressive track record as a possible block to thier development and possible success. Agree totally that it's wholly unsatisfactory. They are either in Leinster or not.

    It’s ironic that the reason they are so successful at minor is because they aren’t in Leinster. Under the current system, they can win the AI winning just 3 games and playing only 4.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭ BENDYBINN
    Registered User


    Last Stop wrote: »
    It’s ironic that the reason they are so successful at minor is because they aren’t in Leinster. Under the current system, they can win the AI winning just 3 games and playing only 4.

    How much better would they be if they had seven games under their belt.....


  • Registered Users Posts: 920 Last Stop
    Registered User


    BENDYBINN wrote: »
    How much better would they be if they had seven games under their belt.....

    Still 3 more chances of getting beaten. The more times you flip a coin the more even it gets.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,575 ✭✭✭ BENDYBINN
    Registered User


    Last Stop wrote: »
    Still 3 more chances of getting beaten. The more times you flip a coin the more even it gets.

    The best never get beaten....only get better..


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭ Grats
    Registered User


    Not being in Leinster doesn't appear to be a negative for the Galway minors. On the contrary they come into the championship with all cylinders firing as they did last Sunday. A well coached team, full of skill and strength. With regards to tactics contrast their approach to preventing goals to that of their opponents. On five occasions Kilkenny were awarded frees on the edge of the square having been hauled down. Perfect timing by the Galway minors. Interesting that all the talk is about cynical fouling at senior level and no reference whatsoever to the minors.

    By the was, had the Galway under 20s not opted to join Leinster they'd be still in the Championship! As would their seniors in past years!


Advertisement