Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

horizon sat meter

Options
  • 14-07-2019 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

my horizon meter has stopped working , however if a sky box is connected to one port on the quad lmb it starts to work.I checked the battery and the voltage coming out of the input port of the meter with a multi meter and the voltages are correct .Any ideas what could be wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Bad connection (high Z) causing voltage drop when current is drawn?

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭bulbs2010

Bad connection (high Z) causing voltage drop when current is drawn?

Excuse my ignorance what is the high z

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

High impedence

If there is an impediment to the flow of electricity the voltage drops.

Just a thought that it might be worth re-doing the connections on the cables to see if there is an improvement, on the assumption the meter is supposed to be able to provide sufficient power on its own.

High impedence

There is an impediment to the flow of electricity so the voltage drops.

Just a thought that it might be worth re-doing the connections on the cables to see if there is an improvement, on the assumption the meter is supposed to be able to provide sufficient power on its own.

Thanks for that I will check connections later

bulbs2010 wrote: »
    Thanks for that I will check connections later

I redone connections opened it up even replaced the bullet connector still the same

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

is there a dc socket on the side of the meter
    can you power it from an external adaptor and try it that way?

when you connect the external dc it goes into charge mode ,i use it in the van for charging .I wonder do I just need a new battery,they are expensive so I dont want to buy one and I am getting full voltage from the one thats in the meter

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭pegasuspub

when you measured the voltage ,was that at the f socket on the horizon meter?

pegasuspub wrote: »
    when you measured the voltage ,was that at the f socket on the horizon meter?

At the f socket

Advertisement