Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Coils burning in a day

• 14-07-2019 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭

I am little puzzled as I cant figure out correct settings.
    I do use Vandy Vape Pulse X BF mod with either original atomizer or with one that came with sigelei snow wolf mod. They are both squonk atomizers.
    I do use premade Alien clapton coil 0.45 Ohm 26Ga A1 coils.
    Thing is that I was using Samsung INR18650-25R 2500mAh - 20A batteries and everything was quite perfect - I had to change coils once a week and even then I did it just because I got hundreds of them not that I had to.
    I recently got different batteries and I suspect that is where my problem is as they are bigger and much "stronger" (for the lac of better or proper term)
    They are Samsung INR21700-30T 3000mAh - 35A.

I simply cant figure out how to change settings on my mod - or better say what to change to prevent coils to burn cotton out within a day.
    What little I do understand is that I was vaping on 30W coils were around 0.21-0.22ohm. That was ok with 18650 battery but 21700 is burning cotton fast on this settings. I tried to go down to 20-25 but I do have feeling that it produces much less of vapor and I like my cloud :)
    I am at a loss at what to do other than to get back to 18650 which is a shame as I got 5 shiny new INR21700.

Any suggestion?
    Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

It shouldn't matter what batteries you use [once they are decent and recommended ones] 30w is 30w no matter what is pushing it. Unless your mod is reading incorrectly. I've had the same coils in some of my RTA for months! I do dry burn and rinse them whenever I'm changing cotton but the coils themselves should last for quite a while. Are you ensuring that the cotton is getting soaked when you squonk? Are you wicking it too tightly? That's what I would suspect before the change in batteries. For 0.22 ohm coils you should be able to vape comfortable at 40-50w, even higher if it's a good build

• Registered Users Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I think you are right. I started to wick coils more thightly and I even packed some cotton on bottom and when I look at coils I see that it burns inside where there is too much of cotton which perhaps do not get soaked well due to density of it and also it burns where loose cotton get in contact with coil on outside.
    I will have to practice more with my builds and get back to using less cotton like before.
    Thank you for spotting this, I think that that is exactly my problem as it started when I changed my build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I think you are right. I started to wick coils more thightly and I even packed some cotton on bottom and when I look at coils I see that it burns inside where there is too much of cotton which perhaps do not get soaked well due to density of it and also it burns where loose cotton get in contact with coil on outside.
    I will have to practice more with my builds and get back to using less cotton like before.
    Thank you for spotting this, I think that that is exactly my problem as it started when I changed my build.

There should be just a bit of tension, hold the tail end of the wick with one hand while pulling it through th coils with the other, you should feel some resistance but you shouldn't be forcing it through. Just takes a bit of practice to know the right amount. Many RTA perform better with just enough, rather than too much cotton. Less is often more if you get me? Just enough cotton to dip into juice holes, not stuffed down through

Advertisement