Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First Fix

Options
  • 13-07-2019 11:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭

Are Irish Water planning on operating this service for much longer? 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Hard to say, but one the terms are that you must have an I.W. meter and be registered with them.
    Being registered and having paid your bills but not having a meter will exclude you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

K.Flyer wrote: »

Hard to say, but one the terms are that you must have an I.W. meter and be registered with them.
    Being registered and having paid your bills but not having a meter will exclude you.
    Yes. Reason I'm asking is one of the contractors that's covering a large region for them are letting or have let the lads operating as leak investigation surveyors go. No more funds in it apparently. 

I'd like clarification on what the future is with this first fix scheme. I would have thought with Leo & the gang going all green & environmental that saving & preserving water would be high up on their agenda. We are being told that over half of the treated water is being lost because of leaks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Irish Water: Dylan

Hi there,

Thank you for the message.

The First-Fix scheme will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

Thanks,
    Dylan

Advertisement