Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gi map test in Ireland

Options
  • 13-07-2019 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Is there any labs that does a GI map test in Ireland. I'm also in some supplements to help with gut issues. How long should I stop taking them before I get the test.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

The way diagnostic testing works is that you go to your doctor, discuss your signs/symptoms etc, and the Dr decides what tests need to be performed, and points you to where you need to go.

*IF* your Dr believes that this test is what is needed, then they will perform it or refer you to where it can be done.

If they don't, they won't.

I know nothing about the GI MAP test other that what I saw on a quick Google search. However, the little bit I did see would lead me to believe that there is a high likelihood that this test performs no function other than separating the gullible from their money.

Advertisement