Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

80l ideas

Options
  • 11-07-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I have an 80L Juwel that I haven’t been doing much with because we’re moving soon. Currently it’s home to a couple of rosy tetras and what has to be a rather elderly BN pleco.

So I have to decide whether to take the aquarium with me on the move, which means I have to decide what to do with it. I have a selection of driftwood. I’m not mad on the black sand base because I find it quite difficult to keep clean.

If I decide to keep it I have to decide what to keep in it. The pleco stays, no question about that. I could:
    1) bump up the tetra numbers. Who doesn’t love a huge pile of tetras?
    2) increase the tetras and add a dwarf gourami.
    3) lose the tetras and get a Betta. I’ve had Bettas before and I love the little guys.
    4) Frogs! Either ADF or Clawed frogs.
    5) shrimp. Stick a load of cherries or a few bamboo or amano in there.

It’d be nice to turn it into a paladarium but I probably need the volume for the Pleco. What do ye think?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Duane Dibbley

kylith wrote: »
    I have an 80L Juwel that I haven’t been doing much with because we’re moving soon. Currently it’s home to a couple of rosy tetras and what has to be a rather elderly BN pleco.

So I have to decide whether to take the aquarium with me on the move, which means I have to decide what to do with it. I have a selection of driftwood. I’m not mad on the black sand base because I find it quite difficult to keep clean.

If I decide to keep it I have to decide what to keep in it. The pleco stays, no question about that. I could:
    1) bump up the tetra numbers. Who doesn’t love a huge pile of tetras?
    2) increase the tetras and add a dwarf gourami.
    3) lose the tetras and get a Betta. I’ve had Bettas before and I love the little guys.
    4) Frogs! Either ADF or Clawed frogs.
    5) shrimp. Stick a load of cherries or a few bamboo or amano in there.

It’d be nice to turn it into a paladarium but I probably need the volume for the Pleco. What do ye think?

Option 5 only because I have a 125ltr of option 5

485175.jpeg

I keep both Neocaridina and Caridina shrimp and also a bamboo shrimp

This kind of setup is known as a skittle tank as it includes different colours

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

You could add a female Betta & keep your current set up. I have a beautiful female Betta in a Community tank. She has fabulous colours & fits in very well. They are my favourite fish by far. I love their attitude.

Advertisement