Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What receiver to match a Bose Accusticmass 6 III to

• 10-07-2019 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

I am currently using a Onkyo TX NR515 which is a great receiver but since I brought it back from the US I need to use a voltage converter and the humm off it has gotten very annoying.
    I've recently gotten a LG OLED and I am happy enough with my Bose sound.

Can someone recommend an decent/good receiver for this set up? I will use ARC and existing speakers. 4+ HDMI's and something to run the newer sound formats on the LG would be great but I don't want to spend a fortune and ironically want it simple for the kids/family using it. I contacted Richer Sounds but they don't do Bose so couldn't guarantee the connections. Amazon are having a Prime sale as well if something is available?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Jesper wrote: »
    I am currently using a Onkyo TX NR515 which is a great receiver but since I brought it back from the US I need to use a voltage converter and the humm off it has gotten very annoying.
    I've recently gotten a LG OLED and I am happy enough with my Bose sound.

Can someone recommend an decent/good receiver for this set up? I will use ARC and existing speakers. 4+ HDMI's and something to run the newer sound formats on the LG would be great but I don't want to spend a fortune and ironically want it simple for the kids/family using it. I contacted Richer Sounds but they don't do Bose so couldn't guarantee the connections. Amazon are having a Prime sale as well if something is available?

Hi Jesper,

Declared interest - I work with the guys at Richer Sounds Ireland - ANY of our AV receivers will work with your Bose Acoustimass 6 / III - once you still have the original cable loom that came with it ( Bose are a little weird with their cable configuration in that the satellite cables are routed via the powered subwoofer) - but again once you have the original Bose cable loom then all our AVR's will work - you can check them out here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/c-29-a-vreceivers.aspx#pgnum=&sort=

...and by all means drop us a line on our own forum if anything grabs your fancy and we will do our best to advise and give you best Boardie pricing:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Thanks again and as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Jesper

Hi John,

More than happy to hear from the guys at Richer Sounds.

I had a look and at around my price point what would you think of the Sony STRDH790 to work with the Bost and an LG OLED 2019 TV. Can you IM me with a final price including shipping?
    Hi Jesper,

Declared interest - I work with the guys at Richer Sounds Ireland - ANY of our AV receivers will work with your Bose Acoustimass 6 / III - once you still have the original cable loom that came with it ( Bose are a little weird with their cable configuration in that the satellite cables are routed via the powered subwoofer) - but again once you have the original Bose cable loom then all our AVR's will work - you can check them out here:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/c-29-a-vreceivers.aspx#pgnum=&sort=

...and by all means drop us a line on our own forum if anything grabs your fancy and we will do our best to advise and give you best Boardie pricing:
    https://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1105

Thanks again and as ever drop us a line if we can ever assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi Jesper,

trading/sales etc are not allowed here - I’m transferring your query to Richersounds forum in the Talk To section of Boards.

I’m also closing this thread as your query has been resolved.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement